Discuss Rental Property Regs for CCU in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

the missing shrouds on the incomer, the incoming tails terminations, would each be a C2 in my book, and the rat nest a C3.

a pair like this:

https://i.Upload the image directly to the thread.com/SZujTsh.jpg

Based on purely what you have said in the op - no.

Have you found a Reg to state that no live parts can be under the cover of a DB that is secured by screws?

How do you carry out live tests if this DB is worrying you?

The fire officer may have something to say if it is an HMO, however he is likely to say that the cu must be in a fireproof enclosure as a minimum and may not say that you need an ammendment 3 board.

Isn't the point of a cu to house live parts? As long as a tool is required to access I can't see more than a C3. Maybe able to C2 the incoming tail if it has been 'trimmed' as it looks like in the photo

If you're worried about the exposed live parts on the supply side of the main switch, just stick a few layers of tape over them while testing to reduce the chance of accidental contact. Better still, pull the fuse. After all, it'll probably need pulling later to tidy up the terminations or replace the board.

In the process of doing an EICR for a rental property (probably an HMO).

Really old CCU that has exposed live parts once the lid is removed and so would need to be super careful testing as there is no other isolation except the 100A tagged fuse.

Don’t feel comfortable doing any further tests because of the safety nature (am I a wimp).

But it occurred to me that surely this should definately be a new board upgrade job if it’s in a HMO property?

Thoughts??

Do you wear womens clothes and run frantically when a lorry drives over speed bumps?

HAHAHA, I am so glad I am not the only sarcastic buffoon on this site PMSL

I couldn't help it. I read your post and I couldn't get Monty Python out of my head.

Regs for rental property cons unit

The pink book costs us enough without giving the Iet food for thought :)

The fire officer may have something to say if it is an HMO, however he is likely to say that the cu must be in a fireproof enclosure as a minimum and may not say that you need an ammendment 3 board.

Isn't the point of a cu to house live parts? As long as a tool is required to access I can't see more than a C3. Maybe able to C2 the incoming tail if it has been 'trimmed' as it looks like in the photo

Fire Officers don't inspect HMO's. Some councils may differ but mine require HMO's to have a risk assessment. The assessor will not inspect CU, they will look at EICR to ensure it is satisfactory.
HMO's must have EICR every 5 years, typical Private rentals it's recommended but not mandatory. Although there is a government consultation to make all private rentals have mandatory EICR every 5 years.

Fire Officers don't inspect HMO's. Some councils may differ but mine require HMO's to have a risk assessment. The assessor will not inspect CU, they will look at EICR to ensure it is satisfactory.
HMO's must have EICR every 5 years, typical Private rentals it's recommended but not mandatory. Although there is a government consultation to make all private rentals have mandatory EICR every 5 years.

I recently had a combined visit from a housing officer and a fire officer to an hmo that I am involved with. Both the gas and the electrical incomers, meter positions, associated pipework and consumer units were commented on by the fire officer. The fire officer wrote a report to the housing officer and this was the basis of the housing officer's report.

There is obviously some variation between local authorities

Reply to Rental Property Regs for CCU in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock