Discuss Replace kitchen tube lights with LED lights in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello,

I need some advice for a small DIY project to replace about 8 kitchen tube lights under the cabinets with LED lights.

Attached are some photos of the existing tube and power connections.

Can you recommend a LED lighting product that would be able to use the existing power connections of these old tube lights?

Any help appreciated!

Cheers,
Digby Head

Replace kitchen tube lights with LED lights Light - EletriciansForums.net

Replace kitchen tube lights with LED lights Plug-A - EletriciansForums.net

Replace kitchen tube lights with LED lights Plug-B - EletriciansForums.net

Check these out at ScrewFix:-

Strip Lights | Kitchen Lighting | screwflix..com - https://www.screwflix..com/c/electrical-lighting/strip-lights/cat840982#category=cat840982&brand=robus

They appear to use the same connectors. I have one on my desk under a shelf and the connectors appear to be the same, as do the clips.

I have replaced quite a few of these fittings. Often the new fitting has very slightly different shaped connectors, and they don't quite fit. E.g. slightly squarer corners.

I've even bought fittings and extra leads from one wholesaler, where the leads didn't quite fit the new fittings, even though were "supposed" to be all the same range.

That said, often it is easy enough to replace the cabling, each fitting typically comes with a power lead.

Check these out at ScrewFix:-

Strip Lights | Kitchen Lighting | screwflix..com - https://www.screwflix..com/c/electrical-lighting/strip-lights/cat840982#category=cat840982&brand=robus

They appear to use the same connectors. I have one on my desk under a shelf and the connectors appear to be the same, as do the clips.

Brilliant.
Not only do the replacement LED lights you recommended work. They also fit in the old brackets.
Took 10mins to swop.

Your advice allowed me to spend the rest of Sunday afternoon to do other important things: sitting down/watching tv. ;-) Thank you!

So in conclusion if you have Brackenheath kitchen cabinet lights they can be replaced with the Screwfix Robus range.
Brackenheath Lighting C21 6W 220-240V 50H >>> Robus LED Cabinet Strip Lights.

Brilliant.
Not only do the replacement LED lights you recommended work. They also fit in the old brackets.
Took 10mins to swop.

Your advice allowed me to spend the rest of Sunday afternoon to do other important things: sitting down/watching tv. ;-) Thank you!

Excellent :)

If you could reciprocate by suggesting a way in which I might get all my paperwork done so I can relax on a Sunday afternoon I'd greatly appreciate it :D

Nice and refreshing to see an problem solved and for the OP to come back and give good feedback

Reply to Replace kitchen tube lights with LED lights in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock