Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Replacement Electrical Tools - Peoples Opinions in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Retroelectric

Retroelectric EF Member

Hi
    Had all my hand tools stolen from my van yesterday evening by some scum bag!!!
    I know I will have to replace them all just wondering what pliers and cutters you lot recommend?
    I had mainly Kewtechnik pliers and side cutters as I have had them since about 1998 but they seem to be out of the hand tool game now.
    Irazola screwdrivers have been my favourite since the orange and grey ones so will get some more of these if they are still the best?
    Had my drill and impact driver taken too but will miss my hand tools so much more as I had some of them for over 20 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    None
    Try ITL Insulated Tools Limited for screwdrivers expensive but very robust, I'm sure the do pliers etc, trouble is they are scumbags bread and butter, baestewards

3. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

what bar stools , for tools nws side cutters etc. screw drivers wera.
    drills Makita . go on cpc .co.uk or to your screw fix or tool station .

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    None
    Must admit, I was a WERA / WIHA guy until I bought 2 ITL drivers, as I said expensive but will outlive the other two types mentioned, that is if some scrot don't steal your tools.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 123

123 Electrician's Arms

I like Wiha & Wera for screwdrivers...good and don't cost the earth.
    Side Cutters & Pliers I don't really use much, but if wanting good ones then Knipex. It's worth looking at CK Cropper Cutters imo

• Like Like x 1
  6. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

for drill bits for power tools I use Witte cost a bit. but german!

7. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    None
    As a price guide I paid £29 for two screwdrivers, as I said good but pricey

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Retroelectric

Retroelectric EF Member

Thanks guys, they were stolen between 6 and 9 last night. I take my tools off every night as I had my test kit and all my plant stolen 2 years ago apart from my hand tools. Guess I didn't take them off quick enough!!!
    Maybe not as expensive as last time but real nightmare when you think how many bits make up your hand tools.

9. buzzlightyear

look on ebay in your local area .

10. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    None
    Scum of the earth to steal a Mans tools of his trade, prison is too good for them.

11. buzzlightyear

my van is like fort knox during the day .at the end of the day put in the bat cave .

12. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    None

13. buzzlightyear

hang them up side down I would say and start pulling the nails out .

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. buzzlightyear

correct above pete .

15. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    None
    Trousers down, open chair seat, and beat their doobries al la Jame Bond, I bet that hurt only don't let the buggers up, keep on till the red stuff, you get the picture. I have selection of SDS and normal bit that are not needed, don't know right now the sizes, for a drink they are yours if you care to visit Pete999's house

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2017