Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

    5% Discount from for ALL members! - Click Here

  3. Forum for Trainees.

    If you are a trainee and haven’t already applied to join our trainee forum then click HERE The trainee forum is a closed area of the forum where the Forum Mentors will freely share their vast experience within the industry. 

    Dismiss Notice

Discuss requirement for notifying building controll? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. disley

    disley Guest

    Ok so Im new on here and this is my first question (so please forgive me if im being stupid)
    Im a qualified spark and been so for some 10 years but have always worked for a company, this company is not registered to fulfill part p as we dont do domestic work.
    Im in the process of starting up in my own buisness, but not yet registered with a registration sheme provider, (Although I will be doing)
    Anyway, A bulider freind of mne has asked me about wiring ome houses he is building.
    Wiring, Inspecting and testing And issueing the EI Certificates is no problem but will I need to inform the local building authority myself (of the work Im doing) or will the fact that they are allready involved on the build mean they are already notified so long as all the certificates are in order?
  2. telectrix

    telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

    Business Name:
    as long as the builds have planning permission, you're OK. building control may, however, want to inspect your work... 1st fix then 2nd fix. ask the building control.
  3. Dannyspark

    Dannyspark Active EF Member

    Telectrix is right in point here, although just to quibble with the specific wording. If you are not registered with a Competent Person scheme then Building Control WILL want to see stage work i.e. 1st, 2nd fix. Otherwise what will happen at the end of the build is that the Building Control Officer will come to site to undertake final sign off and one of the things he will ask for is to see the certificate stating that the job was completed by "x" electrician who is registered with "x" competent person scheme. When he is told that the spark who worked on the job wasn't registered with said scheme he may scratch his head and say "well you will need to demostrate that this electrical installation complies with Part P". I imagine the builder will then want to speak with you.....:furious3:
  4. disley

    disley Guest

    Thanks Telectrix and dannyspark, I will be sure to speek to building controll before hand.
Similar Threads - requirement notifying building Forum Date
Communication cable bonding requirements DIY Electrical Forum Sunday at 8:37 AM
Water ingression - testing requirements New Member Introductions Nov 9, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page

Electricians Directory Post a Domestic Job Post a Commercial Job