Discuss Resistance bewteen circuits in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

Jimmyb

I just wondered why i would get a reading of 1400 - 1800ohms between lives on 2 different circuits one being a new circuit installed about a month ago by an other spark, the only reason i check was two ring mains that had been put into one mcb by the last sparks and told the customer he need a new board fitting to allow for the extra circuit and he would come back but then never answered the phone since, hence i got the job of changing the board.

I cant remember ever testing between to live on circuit and wondered if i was missing something and there is a normal reason for this. I did check all over circuit and all >2000.

Many Thanks

Jimmy

You need to do full continuity tests on both RFCs, paying particular attention to polarity at each accessory, I think you find at least one accessory is reverse polarity L-N or L-E. Also somewhere on the RFCs you have an approximate 40W of load (lamp, fan, etc.) still connected in circuit.

Reply to Resistance bewteen circuits in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock