Discuss Resitance values on a 2kw electric heater in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jason S82

Hi all,

Repairing a 2kw convection heater in our workshop office and I'm getting zero resitance on the min/max dial at any setting. What is the value for min and max as need to lever the spacing to get a resistance but don't know if it's too much or too little

Cheers

As a very rough guide a 3kw immersion heater will be about 19 ohms, so about 12 to 13 ohms would be able right.

What tester have you got?

It's the knob at min value and the knob at max value between the two spade connections at the potentiometer type dial I need the values for

Problem may be that you are trying to measure the element at room temp (?). I am a bit stumped by zero Ohms - can I ask what went wrong that you're having to repair?

That's the one, the stat is never closed regardless of min/max turned. So if functioning correctly it should be open or closed it doesn't have variable resistance?

No the stat is nothing more than an on/off switch with its sensitivity being controlled by the ambient temperature.

Reply to Resitance values on a 2kw electric heater in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, Apologies if this type of question has been asked before. I have no gas in my house so rely on a water heater to heat the water tank. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, Small flat, currently has a small'ish feed water tank, top of a cupboard, feed through a wall into under stairs cupboard. Hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm interested in a house built around the 1980's in Northern Ireland. I took a few photos of the consumer unit etc. which is situated in the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I'm on a job where one of the storage heaters isn't heating up. it is a dimplex model FXL18N 2.34kW. There are two of these heaters in...
Replies
Views
A customer wants me to fit an electric heater with timer control integral to it. There seems to be really cheap ones (screwfix) ranging up to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock