Discuss Returning to Blighty at long last. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Apologies if anyone finds that this should be in another part of the site but I thought I would give it a shot.
I have been overseas working in the Middle East since 2009.
The commercial electrical industry was getting hit hard back in '09n and it was time in my career to have a shot at working abroad.
My question to the top sparks on this site is how far has the industry bounced back since '09.
I'll soon be jumping in with agencies around the North of England on my return and I was wondering what the general state of affairs is.
I have the 2391, the 2397 and 17th.
I know a lot of subby's on here have the finger on the pulse and I was just wondering what the gauge is reading at the minute.
Thanks in advance , lads.

at the moment, it's on the low side of diabolical. wages being driven down by employers using unskilled labour for all but the more technical aspects. the domestic side is fooked. industrial is the only hope left.

Reply to Returning to Blighty at long last. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

This is quite lengthy so get comfy... I had a bizarre call out relating to a job I attended about five years ago. The situation was they were...
Replies
Views
I have worked in the electrical contracting industry all of my life since leaving school over 50 years ago. I started my own electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi all Recently we've been having a few issues with smoke and heat detectors.. been fitting them for years and years now mostly without any...
Replies
Views
Hi Team! I am a 46 year old electrician and have always been a subbie. The day my apprenticeship ended, I became self employed and have worked...
Replies
Views
So Im about to start this agency big industrial job as an mate position but they want me to get a public liability insurance and I found it weird...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock