Discuss Rewiring to a garage in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

yeah sorry getting tired, up too early and not enough sleep last night.:(
does the bonding conductor not need to have a minimum csa of 10 mm to an outbuilding fed form a dwelling with a pme system? i put cpc by error and not pbc.
but without going round again off top of my head i cannot remember if there were any extraneous conductive parts. think the water was plastic.
What no 10mm2T&E+cpc?
that's for the fairies that think all showers should be in 10mm. sling some 6mm on a catenary, it won't get hot till you shove 90A down it. ( maybe only 80A on a hot day though). :confused:

that's for the fairies that think all showers should be in 10mm. sling some 6mm on a catenary, it won't get hot till you shove 90A down it. ( maybe only 80A on a hot day though). :confused:
What 10mm2 TWIN AND EARTH PLUS A CPC never have I seen such an animal

Please keep this thread polite to all posters and on track else it will have to be locked.

Thanks guys.

Probably a reasonable call to make, outline the "issues" and then how you intend to deal with it, seeking their views .... that way they can tell you have thought about the "job" rather than assuming they will give you the answers.

A bit like using this forum... outline issues, suggest your solution (as you did) and then respond to points raised - which you have - and this is the best way to get the most out of the "virtual" team.

Which scheme are you with?

Probably a reasonable call to make, outline the "issues" and then how you intend to deal with it, seeking their views .... that way they can tell you have thought about the "job" rather than assuming they will give you the answers.

A bit like using this forum... outline issues, suggest your solution (as you did) and then respond to points raised - which you have - and this is the best way to get the most out of the "virtual" team.

Which scheme are you with?
working through NICEIC towards DI

butchtaylor909 some of the questions. that asked on this forum
we can not do the job for you .
we can only give you advice may be one of the sparks on this forum could call to the job in question and give advise.

If you can prove the tube in the wall is effectively earthed then a non metal sheathed cable can be used without additional rcd protection. You need to assertain whether main protective bonds are required in the garage, if not you can ignore the separate 10.0 cpc requirement. I would avoid using YY, CY or SY cable because it is not recognised for use in this country. 10.0 T&E is fine with a separate 10.0 if required for main protective bonding.

butchtaylor909 some of the questions. that asked on this forum
we can not do the job for you .
we can only give you advice may be one of the sparks on this forum could call to the job in question and give advise.

I never wanted anyone to do the job for me,
I
had a problem,
I
had come up with a solution,
I
just wanted some advice as to if there were any problems with doing it that way.

A simple yes mate that's fine or no mate have you considered x,y,z... would do

If you can prove the tube in the wall is effectively earthed then a non metal sheathed cable can be used without additional rcd protection. You need to assertain whether main protective bonds are required in the garage, if not you can ignore the separate 10.0 cpc requirement. I would avoid using YY, CY or SY cable because it is not recognised for use in this country. 10.0 T&E is fine with a separate 10.0 if required for main protective bonding.
Thank you. i had planned to test the conduit next time i am on site. cannot remember if the sink had plastic or metal pipes, so had planned to be checking that too.
last time i say YY cable was during my 21 years in the military so i know about it but was not sure about its domestic use as i am still relatively new to this.

extension to existing circuits, replacing accessories, CU change, full rewire, first and second fix on a renovation. simple stuff, nothing where i have had to join cables at anything other than an accessory, which is why i needed to ask about this job, not because i did not know but more because the more i thought about it the more i doubted myself.

Reply to Rewiring to a garage in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net