Discuss RF light switches - any Experiences? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mills87

Stumbled across the concept of RF light switches the other day. My thought was potentially to make two lights on separate switches at each end of corridor effectively "two way" switches for both lights.

Anyone ever had any experience? Installing or using? A gimmick?

I have used Lightwave RF switches a few times and they have solved some wiring problems. I have not tested the limits of the range, I think 30m, at all just local switching in domestic premises. It is convenient to be able to place a battery powered switch anywhere, but you do have to change the batteries occasionally.
I find that the general problem is where you can place a receiver relay so that the connections are enclosed without making huge holes in ceilings (that must still be accessible to link the relay). Though I did fit a small access panel in one ceiling where there was a lot of kit to fit in the lighting circuit.
I do feel they are a bit of a gimmick but having said that they do seem to work, but the cost is a bit silly as yet. Though if you are installing an entire network of controls for everything the convenience may justify the cost.

Reply to RF light switches - any Experiences? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

our dimmer switch stopped working after 7 years so went to replace it at the weekend. When I opened it up, the black wire was in the common slot...
Replies
Views
I have a staircase about 25 feet long with two recessed lights (one up top, the other at the bottom). Each light is on its own 3-way switch, which...
Replies
Views
The house I've just moved into is fitted with the light switches shown in the pics. They are fitted to each bedroom and the landing. The landing...
Replies
Views
Im trying to make a Star Wars Prop for a course project where the dealine is comming up very fast in days and I need to do the report so really...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am looking to convert a 2 way light into just control by single switch. I have searched and looked for similar questions here, and found a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock