Discuss RFC testing , downstairs ring going upstairs to a long radial in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
so end to end L-L 0.4 N-N 0.4 E-E 1.1 very reasonable ,
but when the l-n are crossed over at the consumer unit . ok down stairs but the reading goes up to 16 ohms upstairs
but when l-e are crossed over at the consumer unit the last four sockets upstairs give no reading. at this point i am thinking the cpc is disconnected somewhere but i will test with a megger with the power on ,,for the Z
i do this and get good readings of 0.30 ohms at the four sockets previously Ze was 0.2 ohms

My thought was that a seperate or shared cpc had been run from the last four sockets on the radial going back to the consumer unit, need to go back and find out,

Can anyone understand this

The cpc should be ok because end-ends are good. Cross polarity maybe? Run round with a sockets tester and make sure they all workbefore disconnecting anything

Reply to RFC testing , downstairs ring going upstairs to a long radial in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I had an interesting little job this morning. Three sockets in an extension were not working and haven't worked for quite some time (years). It...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Hopefully someone can help with a little mystery i had today. The issue is fixed but I want to understand what was going on to help...
Replies
Views
Slightly strange one this, replaced a few socket fronts in a dining room today, all wiring original but new plasterboard on a studded wall. Its a...
Replies
Views
Hey there, Sorry I’ve just joined up. I’m a qualified electrician/Electrical engineer. Recently sat my 2391-52. My question is I had a fault...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock