Discuss RHI and income tax in the Solar Thermal Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

BruceB

-
Arms
Reaction score
As we are approaching the deadline for 2014/15 income tax returns I was wondering whether RHI income in a domestic scenario should be declared on a tax return?

The Government introduced specific legislation to make FIT income tax free, but has not made similar provision for RHI income as far as I am aware. However, I saw some HMRC guidance this evening for the first time that answers the question – they consider it tax free.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/taxation-of-renewable-heat-incentives

Only if the expenses are in the course of a business, in which case the income is then not income/corporation tax free.

All the guidance is doing is confirming the approach that I suspect most were taking anyway, but at least it gives some authority for that approach.

Reply to RHI and income tax in the Solar Thermal Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

The results of the consultation and resulting proposals have been published today and can be found here...
Replies
Views
danesol
D
T
HMRC have just published a consultation document that expresses their plans to remove the Enhanced Capital Allowances (ECA) from any system that...
Replies
Views
Graeme Harrold
G
O
Hi all, This is my first postso be gentle I'm currently 28 andhave decided I need a career change. I did my workexperience as an electrician...
Replies
Views
Oh_Dear
O
P
ACTUAL PASSPORT LETTER: This, apparently, is an actual letter received by the UK Passport Office. Dear Sirs, I'm in the process of renewing my...
Replies
Views
Silly Sausage
S
T
I hope people on this forum don't think i am whining too much or jumping on my soap box unnecasserily but i wanted to post a letter i am writing...
Replies
Views
Teslaisgod
T

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock