Discuss Ring doorbell pro and telephone twisted pair in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Daz134

-
Reaction score
Hello

I'm in the process of installing a new ring doorbell pro.

Currently we have an existing doorbell chime which is hardwired with a internal transformer and consumes 4v which is not enough to run the ring doorbell.

I'm going to either use a plug in transformer and use the transformer that comes with the device.

But my question is the existing chime uses what seems to be 6 core telephone cable to the bell push.

If I'm going to be putting more juice to the bell push will these cables be able to handle it.

The new transformer will be 16 to 24vac with 30vamp

I understand that we can twist 3 cables together each end but if putting that amount of power to the bell push will the cable handle this

Thanks for any help in advance

Who wired a bell push in telephone cable rather than bell wire?

I’d think using just 2 cores of the telephone cable would suffice when you see the size of regular bell wire.

Twist the cables of the same twisted pair together. Ie the blue/white and the white/blue.

Id say if you doubled up on a set of pairs for each core for the power supply you’d be more than fine as the cable for the ring power pack isn’t very thick anyway.

Reply to Ring doorbell pro and telephone twisted pair in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I would liked to install a Byron wired doorbell with built in chime and 8v transformer. I'm struggling to get power source. I have a...
Replies
Views
Hi, A lot about this fault confused me to be honest. So customer complained the doorbell was not working as intended. By that I mean the chime...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I've installed a Lorex doorbell recently, but it is not turning on. I did some tests using a multimeter and this is what I found...
Replies
Views
Hello. I’m trying to hardwire a smart doorbell but have no idea how to bypass the existing bell chime (the new doorbell has its own chime box...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, cautious DIYer, so just looking to confirm something. I got a wired Ring for our neighbors who have been without a doorbell at all...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock