Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Rip off insurance deals with the insurers on this forum no surely not (NOT) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Vortigern

Vortigern Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    F.H. Electrical
    Just thought I would try our friendly forum sponsor insurers. Quoted me twice the price nearly for my van insurance. Did not bother with PI and Indemnity or that will probably be another double thier money offer. Anyone else tried a quote from this forum and was it good. They must think us dumb thinking there is no one else to get a quote from I suppose.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Rpa07

Rpa07 2000 posts - only 46379 behind Telectrix! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Ebenezer electrical
    They probably have your name on file and when your call came in the bells and lights started flashing!
    Just like sparks, if you don't really want the job you put In a high price - ever thought they may be doing that with you?
    Call their bluff and take out the insurance at the price they quoted - that'll teach them!
    My PL and tool insurance was good so all according to who calls you and what quote they give.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gavin John Hyde

Gavin John Hyde Regular EF Member

Due to a large number of vehicles being broken into in my home area my van insurance has gone up nearly £300 this year... even though the crimes in question weren't on work vehicles the insurance companies have racked prices up... the broker told me that nearly all their customers have seen large van quote increases.. it doesn't help that tool thefts from vans are at epidemic levels in parts of the country... in some cases the claims for tools are for more than the van is worth... no wonder the underwriters get squeaky bottoms when they see electrician in the quote and visualise the testing kit and tools.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Phil Thompson

Phil Thompson Let us light up your life! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Brite Spark Electrical
    My PL with 3 phase, 15m height and £5k tool cover was £168.25, it's an extra £210 for Employer Liability cover, next closest was same as that without tool cover and only 10m height. To add EL was an extra £400.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Dave OCD

Dave OCD Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Hendry Electrical Services
    I put my details on here one evening for an insurance 'special deal' and was bombarded incessantly by calls the next day when really busy. Very frustrating and in the end I renewed with the same provider as last year. :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. sparksburnout

sparksburnout Electrician's Arms

I am sure you are all aware but you have to be really careful with tool insurance. Most of the quotes I have ever had would need you to provide the original receipt for the nicked tools. Unless you pay ridiculous premiums most of it is a waste of time.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. anthonybragg

anthonybragg Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    CHARLTEC ELECTRICAL LTD
    Got to agree we took out tool insurance until we wised up to the fact that there was so many limitations and you would only get the value of the item(s) stolen at that time the depreciated value not the replacement /purchased price.