Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss Robin KMP Testers in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Sparkydan

Sparkydan Regular EF Member

Hi all

Just wondering if any body out there are still using the old robin KMP testers as i have a set like new and wondered if there is any reason we can not use them anymore?

2. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    asa long as they do the job and are calibrated, no problem.

3. MarkieSparkie

MarkieSparkie Guest

I still prefer to use my Robin 'yellow bricks' where ever possible. Providing yours are in calibration, use them, you may be surprised by their simplicity, robustness and reliability.

4. Sparkydan

Sparkydan Regular EF Member

Thanks lads I'll dust em off and get them calibrated, I think the only problem I had when I used them before was the loop tester tripping 6A type Bs even with the Dlink.

5. The_Wanderer

The_Wanderer Electrician's Arms

I still use my KMP all in one "brick", calibrated i prefer it to the giant newer testers!

6. Engineer54

Engineer54 Guest

Though i have nothing against MFTs, all our official testing and commissioning is conducted using separate calibrated test equipment!! I've noticed that the electrical contractor has a couple of Fluke MFTs in the office, for ongoing and temporary work going on at the moment. I'll have to find out what models they are!!! lol!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2012
  7. Nivag316

Nivag316 Guest

I have got 2 KMP's and a KTS 1620 that are used on a regular basis. I prefer the KTS to most modern equipment

• Like Like x 1