Discuss Rogue Traders in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

When oh when are we going to see

ROUGE CUSTOMERS, some of these do gooding TV presenters that know very little about the Trade in hand (whatever it is)
and how customers refuse to pay for work done

Would love to see that

Jamie

Good to see that there are some areas that chase up these Rogues. There's a long way to go.

Phil

Someone should have asked that spokesperson how many other rouge electrical traders they have prosecuted for supplying unsafe installations?? What's the betting the answer would have been none ....or this is the first!!! lol!!

I think oldtimer has it bang on, it was the customer that did all the running and banging on doors!!!

Some of the people on those programs sort of ask for it...

"He quoted £30 less than the other builder so I paid the full £60,000 cash upfront then he disappeared to some country i can't pronounce.....So now my house has been left in a dangerous state for months and *something something sympathy my kids* but incidentally have you seen my brand new freelander?"

I think that was on the one with don and that blond tart, wish I could find customers like that.....

firstly....a lot of these `electricians`...simply arn`t...
secondly....when are we going to see more `rogue customer` programs..
easy, cheap telly just to get that little goblin to go round chasing trades...whilst Ms. Messenger goes on the tap....

Who on their nelly would upfront so much money? I have seen umpteen amounts of these programs and not one of them I can think "yeah, fair do's that work warrants that deposit" lmao

As some have said, some deserve it and other clients should be on there:thumbsup

Rogue traders come in every guise and you will note that the people who get prosecuted are normally sole traders or small businesses. A recent prosecution where a young lady was killed I got involved in a discussion with the electrical safety council and my final comment to them was simple: "there but for the grace of god go I, to prison". I installed a new radial, fully tested and powered up and left. Went back a week later and plasterers had been in and taken off the sockets to plaster and not reconnected earth between sockets 2 and 3 so the result was no earth on 2 sockets (this was RCD protected) but I am willing to bet it would have been my fault and some expert witness from NICEIC or the ECA would have told them so. God only knows why I stuck my socket tester in each socket whilst I was there, I shouldn't have needed to.
A major company installed storage heaters in a house, 2 rate meter through 4 pole isolator to 2 consumer units, house and heating (timed). No problem apart from the only paperwork said "installed consumer unit, 3 storage heaters". There was no electrical installation certificate and no letter from building control, new circuits are notifiable and guess what - nobody wants to know........ Who paid the Governmant under one of these grants.....
A meter company installed a new meter whilst I was at a house and did no tests, guess what - no earth whatsoever. The metal sheath had been damaged on the TNS under the ground, enw came in and converted to TNC-s as the damage was on their damaged cable.

Reply to Rogue Traders in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock