Discuss Rogue Traders in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Poweri

Morning all,

Just wondered if any customers or professionals on this site have any shocking stories or photographs they can share with me?

We have done a piece on our blog "Solar PV Rogue Traders" and I'd like to continue it.

Would be grateful for anything you could share.

Sorry, but I only have photos of poor DIY work.

Attachments

• 2012-09-11 14.43.46.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 137
  • 2012-09-11 12.50.36.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 125
The industry is governed by REAL.
The contractors are registered with MCS bodies (NAPIT, NICEIC, ETC )

REAL can be avoided by the rogues who just refuse to have membership and sell how and what they like and give the installs to other MCS contractors who maintain a REAL membership.

The MCS bodies are getting an annual revenue from a declining membership and seem never to exclude anyone, as its all income !

REAL point the finger at the MCS bodies and vice versa.

Great idea to have a customer association but its is toothless and circumventable by those who with a mind to do so.

wewnt to a job to replace 20 50w GU10s with LEDs. this is what was found in the attic. every JB was the same. cpc's cut off.

jbs.jpg

yep, builders, plumbers, Electrical Trainee's all think they know it all. it works. client is happy... till there's a fire or fatality, then maybe, just maybe, electrical work will only be done by qualified sparks. not in my lifetime, i think.

Re those pictures with solar panels planted (not installed) on rooftops and side walls! Are the building regs people not bothered what the properties look like after? After all some of the surrounding properties will not sell at market value. They stand to lose thousands of pounds at no fault of their own.

Re those pictures with solar panels planted (not installed) on rooftops and side walls! Are the building regs people not bothered what the properties look like after? After all some of the surrounding properties will not sell at market value. They stand to lose thousands of pounds at no fault of their own.

Totally agree. I've known people be refused planning permission due to roofing tiles being the wrong shade, yet those panels are allowed???

Totally agree. I've known people be refused planning permission due to roofing tiles being the wrong shade, yet those panels are allowed???

Strange as it may seem, but yes you are allowed to have PV panels on your foor under the permitted development rights, as long as they are under 200mm from the plain of the roof, even in a conservation area.

You do need planning permission on listed buildings though, and for ground mounted systems too.

Reply to Rogue Traders in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net