Discuss Rotary Phase Converter in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

dlt27

-
Reaction score
Thanks in advance for any info...
I have been asked to quote to install electrics to a small workshop. At the moment there is a 100A single phase supply, however the client said he is having a rotary phase converter installed to supply a 3 phase board(is balancing of the loads across phases still the same as a supplied 3 phase supply) and then running a CNC machine and other 3 phase machines from the distribution board.
I was hoping somebody might of had experience with a similar install and could advise on whether it is quite straight forward or if there is anything out of the norm that I need to take into account.
I have asked for manufacturer so I can phone technical etc, but at the moment I haven't got anything.
I was going to also install a single phase board for sockets etc as I presume you can't get single phase from converter board because no neutral.
It would be greatly appreciated if anyone can help.........

What's the earthing arrangement of the 100A single phase supply? Usually you'd run the 100A single phase supply into a single phase CU with RCD and MCB's for all the single phase final circuits and for the circuit supplying the rotary converter.

There just having supply put in now, but on a farm and overheads so presuming TT.
I was going to fit KMF/ 100mA type S then Henley block and one set of tails to single phase board and another set to converter, however need details of it first. I might do as you say though as not much difference. The converter won't need RCD as nothing buried in walls, no sockets etc Thank you

Reply to Rotary Phase Converter in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a scenario where there is a three phase DB in a commercial property where there are mixture of three phase and single phase washing...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I signed up here for a little help. I bought a 3 phase bandsaw and went down the rabbit hole of VFD’s etc. ‘The motor is 3 phase 400v...
Replies
Views
I have been asked if I can wire a motor for a car lifter in a domestic garage, however the motor is 3 phase and only single phase is available in...
Replies
Views
Hi we have been asked to run a 3 phase supply into a boiler house to feed a DB fed from next to the existing meter. Would we need to install Tails...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have been asked to pull in some new 3 phase supplies for 7 new welders which do not require a neutral connection. The client has...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock