Discuss Rotating cutout 90 degrees on to adjacent wall in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi

Take a look at my pictures

I want to knock through the wall that the current cutout/meter/consumer unit are attached to. In order to create a large under the stairs cupboard. Obviously I need to move all three units.

The cutout is basically just going to be moved to the wall that is right next to it. Essentially just rotating it 90 degrees to the left. The same with the electric meter (but not worried about that). Consumer unit will probably require some extra tails for the various circuits etc.

I realise that moving the cutout is the responsibility of the power grid, in my case Northern. Given that it is only being very very slightly moved, what are the implications? How much should I expect to pay?

Oh yeah and ignore the foam on the fuse, thats just there to prevent damage to the fridge that used to be in there.

https://i.Upload the image directly to the thread.com/UisrM7u.jpg
https://i.Upload the image directly to the thread.com/o041BNl.jpg

you need to contact Northern. only they can quote you a cost.

Reply to Rotating cutout 90 degrees on to adjacent wall in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Looks very strange to me. Obviously had a new fuse carrier fitted to it at one point but the two cables on the left go to the meter as normal...
Replies
Views
Hello. Is it allowed to turn a 1.3" (34mm) thick 4-core (neutral and 3 phase) cable that is 7" (18cm) long, including outer insulation, at the...
Replies
Views
I'm having an extension built and the builder leading the project has said that the electrician will be over in about 4-6 weeks to start his works...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Just about to move into a house with 2 small kids and the wiring/electrics haven't been updated in years (hard to know as it's probate)...
Replies
Views
Hi, Small flat, currently has a small'ish feed water tank, top of a cupboard, feed through a wall into under stairs cupboard. Hot water tank...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock