Discuss Rough ideas of pricing in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Amp David

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Just need a little confidence booster regarding pricing.
Anyone give a ballpark figure on the following works. Done me pricing but not given the quote just yet.
Its more labour costs i'm concerned with really, as materials cost what they cost.

Cheers poeple.

LOUNGE

1. Single socket to double chased in
2. Add 1 extra double socket next to doorway (spurred from hallway socket)
3. Replace ceiling rose
4. Add small back boxes for wall lights (already switched separate from main light)
BACK ROOM DOWNSTAIRS
1. Single socket to double
chased in
2. 4 x mains voltage down lights
3. Add 4 gang switch for 2 x dimmer(kitchen down lights split 50/50) & 2 x switches (plinth/cupboard lighting)
HALLWAY
1. Raise and sink in existing double socket near porch
2. Move light switch across away from porch
3. Single socket to double
chased in
4. Add double socket under stairs chased in (can do as a spur other side of wall)
5. Replace ceiling rose
6. Put down light under stairs
SMALL BEDROOM
chased in
2. Replace ceiling rose
FRONT BEDROOM
1. Single socket to double and raise
chased in
2. Scrap BT socket
3. Replace ceiling rose
BACK BEDROOM
chased in
2. 1 extra single socket for TV chased in
3. 1 arial point for TV (white moulded). Run conduit in so arial cable can be pulled in after if needed chased in
4. Replace ceiling rose
5. Sink switch for outside light
6. Add 1 double socket
chased in
GARAGE
1. Replace Consumer unit with RCD protection to all circuits
2. Add feed to new boiler 5 m away surface mounted
3. Upgrade main earth bond to gas supply to 10mm only 4mm at present
BATHROOM
1. Fit 4 x 12 volt down lights-
customer setting out and cutting holes
2. Remove old immersion switch and cable
KITCHEN
1. 10 x main voltage down lights, split onto two switches - customer setting out and cutting holes
2. Add cabling for under cupboard lights, plinth lights and switching
3. Points for cooker hood and hob/oven ignition (inside and onto of units)
4. Add sockets/spurs when kitchen plan complete 6 doubles
5. Check out existing wiring (looks as though spurs upon spurs & old connection units need making safe)

5 days work!!

don't get greedy and settle for 150-165 a day...!! plus cost of materials...!!

sounds fair.. its a 750 - 825 quid for you and a good job for customer..!!!!!

next step is to advertise it on my hammer for £200

With regular work i like to charge 175 a day. Seems to work as the same customers keep coming back.

Need to start getting it 100% right now though, as in 2 weeks I finally leave my current job and i'm on my own from then on.

TBH can't wait.

Can make profit charging 160 a day round here, but don't want to go in too cheaply

You might be opening a can of worms here you could end up doing virtually a rewire by the sounds of it.I done something quite similar this year with the guy wanting extra sockets here there and everywhere and just after a little investigation said to him i wasnt touching it unless he had a full rewire which i did i quoted just under 5 grand and i was still 1 thousand cheaper than the next quote.

Already had a look at this job, as the're putting in a new central heating system i've been under the floors and what have you. Looks OK to be fair and tested ins resistance which has also come back good.

Mentioned the rewire idea and told him the reasons behind my thinking for one.

I'll be doing whats on the quote and nowt else, well unless he pays me to do it of course

lol... is that a day!!! with out materials..!! YEE HAW....!!

seriously though if you want a hand one day give me a shout and pay my fuel to your secluded area of the world and i will bash a few walls for you!!

My quote on this would be £200 - £225 per day + materials and be looking at5 days work, as a plasterer is coming in after you this makes it even easier and quicker to do although I would be still quoting minimum 5 days just in case as it always does something needs doing or takes slightly longer than planned.

Reply to Rough ideas of pricing in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock