Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Route into being a sparky in the Electrical Courses & Electrical NVQ's area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Wynne

Wynne New EF Member

Hi All,

I'm considering a career change into being an electrician and wanted to gather peoples thoughts on what is the best route into the trade that delivers most bang for the buck.

I've been offered an eight week course for £7000 in South London which will give me my part P and 18th edition wiring. My question is, is this just an expensive waste of money where training on the job would be vastly more preferable? What is the best way to land a spot as an electricians mate and study toward an NVQ? I'm 41 (wife two kids and dog etc!) and keen to pursue this hard but want to do it prudently if possible.

My question is what other things can I do, other than take the crash course that is going to make me attractive as an apprentice considering my age , obviously my maturity but anything else I can do?

Thanks for your thoughts.

W

2. Vortigern

Vortigern Regular EF Member

Business Name:
    F.H. Electrical
  3. TJ Anderson

TJ Anderson Forum Mentor

4. Vortigern

Vortigern Regular EF Member

Business Name:
    F.H. Electrical