Discuss Route to becoming certified electrification. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I agree with you. To be honest there a very few sparks now that can do pyro and it would never be used in a domestic scenario. T&E and a bit of SWA sometimes is generally all a domestic spark will have to deal with. I also know apprenticed sparks who can't do S & Y plans and non electrically qualified plumbers who can.
Ahhh Pyro, my calling I was a master with Pyro I miss it the same as with conduit, trunking, tray work and risers as well as heavy duty switchgear, I shed a tear.

At the end of the day no one should hold you back in whatever you want to do and this goes out to everyone as you can be whoever you want to be, being gorgeous and a sex God though is limited to me so don't go for that one guys ---

if you worked along side a good sparks for around 6 months doing re-wires etc you could probably learn just enough to go it alone after that.
but there will always be something that throws you , like micc you might not have dealt with before or a complex heating system you have not seen before. only time can learn teach you
Corrected that for you, hope you don't mind?

hi all, thanks for the input. From all the advice given and the fact that I’m in need to change career as desk job is no longer for me and I have a genuine interest in this.

My plan is to go for the private course but with the understating this will in majority give me theoretical knowledge and I will will need to bolster this with much practical experience working alongside a competent Electrition.

Once in a position where I can go it alone or with someone and able to generate sufficient income to cover my current liabilities I am make the switch to having this as my main job and continually build experience.

Fully understand I will come across scenarios where I need help from more experienced Electrition’s but guess that’s where your support structures such as other Electrition’s and forums like this will be able to assist?

Just go for it if that’s what you want to do. Many people say it’s to hard/it takes years and years/it shouldn’t be allowed to do the course inside 12 months etc (how they are more qualified than the regulators to determine the training required is beyond me).
Dedication and willingness to learn is what is key to learning ANY task or skill. I’ve worked with some people who will not listen to advice and think they are right every time, these are the people that learn through their own experience. If you can learn through other people’s experience then you are learning at a much faster pace.
It really gets me when people say that you won’t learn everything in that short space of time etc, if you stick to what you know and you carry that out correctly and competently then you’ll do great.
Lastly, people who say the trades ----ed/there’s no money/work is going to unqualified people . . . Who cares!! If we based on our lives on what other people are doing then we’re doomed! If you can’t make money on jobs or are losing out to other sparks then look at what YOU are doing as a tradesman rather than what others are doing. You create the opportunities for yourself . Good luck!

Hi Jay, I’ve been in the building game for 20 years with the past 10 mainly on electrics, I decided I wanted to go over to electrics full time. I went to able skills as they offer C&G some of the accreditation schemes only recognize C&G to join them so speak to them first. I got 6 C&G over 8 weeks full time to turn the knowledge I had into recognized industry qualifications.
No body knows everything’s at the start or finish of there career, and before qualified I was putting right shocking work carried out by time served AC.
I took additional testing and inspecting qualifications because I wanted to know everything I could about it. The course total was £3k with 8 weeks off to do it. I’m now an NICEIC domestic installer and in 2 years I will be an approved contractor. £180 is the bench mark in the southeast as that what I used to pay and what I’m being paid now.
If you have a conscience and do the job properly, ask when you don’t know, you won’t find it hard to get work.

Hi Jay, I’ve been in the building game for 20 years with the past 10 mainly on electrics, I decided I wanted to go over to electrics full time. I went to able skills as they offer C&G some of the accreditation schemes only recognize C&G to join them so speak to them first. I got 6 C&G over 8 weeks full time to turn the knowledge I had into recognized industry qualifications.
No body knows everything’s at the start or finish of there career, and before qualified I was putting right shocking work carried out by time served AC.
I took additional testing and inspecting qualifications because I wanted to know everything I could about it. The course total was £3k with 8 weeks off to do it. I’m now an NICEIC domestic installer and in 2 years I will be an approved contractor. £180 is the bench mark in the southeast as that what I used to pay and what I’m being paid now.
If you have a conscience and do the job properly, ask when you don’t know, you won’t find it hard to get work.

Thanks for you advise

Just go for it if that’s what you want to do. Many people say it’s to hard/it takes years and years/it shouldn’t be allowed to do the course inside 12 months etc (how they are more qualified than the regulators to determine the training required is beyond me).
Dedication and willingness to learn is what is key to learning ANY task or skill. I’ve worked with some people who will not listen to advice and think they are right every time, these are the people that learn through their own experience. If you can learn through other people’s experience then you are learning at a much faster pace.
It really gets me when people say that you won’t learn everything in that short space of time etc, if you stick to what you know and you carry that out correctly and competently then you’ll do great.
Lastly, people who say the trades ****ed/there’s no money/work is going to unqualified people . . . Who cares!! If we based on our lives on what other people are doing then we’re doomed! If you can’t make money on jobs or are losing out to other sparks then look at what YOU are doing as a tradesman rather than what others are doing. You create the opportunities for yourself . Good luck!
Thanks for the advise

Lastly, people who say the trades ****ed/there’s no money/work is going to unqualified people . . . Who cares!! If we based on our lives on what other people are doing then we’re doomed! If you can’t make money on jobs or are losing out to other sparks then look at what YOU are doing as a tradesman rather than what others are doing. You create the opportunities for yourself . Good luck!
Thanks for the advise

Reply to Route to becoming certified electrification. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock