Discuss Royal Navy qualified spark, but is he qualified? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all,

Little question? I have a mate working with me, management are questioning his quals? He has 2391 as well as 17th, but cant prove his installation quals. He qualified in the Navy and he needs to prove their civvy equivalent? Can anyone help point us in the right direction please?

No idea mate but if he is RN he will be sound

Best trained Armed Forces in the World today, Despite what Donald says, Trump that is.

Hi all,

Little question? I have a mate working with me, management are questioning his quals? He has 2391 as well as 17th, but cant prove his installation quals. He qualified in the Navy and he needs to prove their civvy equivalent? Can anyone help point us in the right direction please?
When he left the RN did he sort his papers and qualifications out before leaving?

worse case scenario is his previous military qualifications will exempt him from several of the units for the nvq. will at worse have to sit an am2. Its unusual these days though as now when they join its all civvy aligned and you basically do the same trade certs as kids in college.

When my cousin left the RAF Regiment he did a multitude of courses to get back to civvy street so all was in order, in the end he ended up as a paramedic and now runs his own company and the spark was those courses.

When my cousin left the RAF Regiment he did a multitude of courses to get back to civvy street so all was in order, in the end he ended up as a paramedic and now runs his own company and the spark was those courses.
when people leave the forces they get credits that can be used for retraining, the amount dependant on time served and whether its due to injury etc... its a lot better now than it was even several years ago. just got to be careful as a lot of cowboy outfits popped up offering crap courses of no real benefit to get the cash off the mod. if used properly it can set you up for a whole new career.

He will be well qualified for whatever discipline he was working in .
What is he doing for your company?

when people leave the forces they get credits that can be used for retraining, the amount dependant on time served and whether its due to injury etc... its a lot better now than it was even several years ago. just got to be careful as a lot of cowboy outfits popped up offering crap courses of no real benefit to get the cash off the mod. if used properly it can set you up for a whole new career.
I think an American healthcare company wanted to but him out for £9M not bad for a grunt from NI.

What qualifications did he get in the Navy?
The qualifications I got in the RAF Regiment were the 2369 parts 1 & 2, and the AM 1 & 2.
The 2369 was the same as the 2360.
Which I also took after leaving the RAF.

Hi all,

Yes google his qualifications and see if they are acceptable to get a gold card issued by the JIB, surely if he has the right qualifications he can get a card after the CSCS exam?

References can also help, although I had 5 years experience I needed 3 references from the skippers whose ships I had worked on

Reply to Royal Navy qualified spark, but is he qualified? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock