Discuss Royal Navy qualified spark, but is he qualified? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Firstly the 17th edition is worthless on its own.

I see this a lot with ex-forces. They are given cash for training and take these eight week course and do a three day 17th edition and think they are qualified.

Working on a ship is a million miles away from working to BS7671.

I would say he is hugely under-qualified.

I see this a lot with ex-forces. They are given cash for training and take these eight week course and do a three day 17th edition and think they are qualified.

For what ?

The forces in my experience provide a high level of skill and work discipline,it compares well with training outside of the service

The added bonus is the employee, if ex forces tends to be a better all round character to employ than his civilian counterparts

For what ?

The forces in my experience provide a high level of skill and work discipline,it compares well with training outside of the service

The added bonus is the employee, if ex forces tends to be a better all round character to employ than his civilian counterparts

Agree about their work ethic. That is not what I am saying. If that is all what the employer wants then no need to advertise for a sparks.

If he qualified in the navy, then he’d be qualified.

For what ?

Forces training is far far better than outside industry training imo, it's not pass at all costs, neither is it money orientated.

Reply to Royal Navy qualified spark, but is he qualified? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net