Discuss running a house from car batteries for the electrical idiot in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ah, tongue testing batteries...it's like other things...you know you shouldn't really...but you go ahead anyway!
You mean like Mc'ewans Ale?

Aye, McEwan's Pale Ale...available from my local C0-op when I was a teenager at 8p/can! ...and that's where the rot set in...

Remember the 1289? Used in those flat torches and also in the lamps on your bike?
upload_2018-3-21_13-28-39.jpeg

Also used in the Electronic Engineer kits (anyone remember those?). You could build a radio or an alarm etc, putting the components onto a perforated board with spring-clips.

OP DC is the future, as already suggested; make sure your using LED lamps, the 12v twin pin MR16 ones will be most cost effective. I’d also suggest you get a deep cell leisure battery rather than using a standard car starter battery. Also, don’t try using this system for any space or water heating, low load applications only. Good luck.

Reply to running a house from car batteries for the electrical idiot in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I used 12v dc from a 13 plate car battery to power a 12v dianamo dc motor and brought in an alternator to change the battery using the rotation of...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, New to the forum but hoping I can find a little help with my restoration project... I am adding a secondary wiring "system" to my...
Replies
Views
I have halogen lights in my kitchen under the wall units, there are ten lights altogether bulbs are either 10 watt or 20 watt G4 bulbs ( not sure...
Replies
Views
Looking for counsel / guidance to replace an original Dayton On/off with speed control switch. I’ve checked with a couple local electrical supply...
Replies
Views
Hi - On our small vessel we have a 12v failry powerful motor to run the autopilot, where the power is supplied by the boat's battery bank. On an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock