Discuss Running a radial circuit in bedroom. He in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Don't you worry Pete I've got one. The guy who fitted my new CU and who has tested other work I've done. I'm just cutting out on some labour costs by doing first fix and always have work checked and tested.
Not worried steptoe, just wondering what sort of Sparky your Mate is that's all, what sort of certificates does he provide? and does he notify LBC when required?

Not worried steptoe, just wondering what sort of Sparky your Mate is that's all, what sort of certificates does he provide? and does he notify LBC when required?
Not a mate, all above board and I am in regular contact with LBC with the renovation work

Hum ................ best you call him to clarify what you want and need.

Why so many sockets in a bedroom?
the 2 single sockets spurred off are for the hallway which were wired into the old kitchen ring. I want to keep them on this radial

the 2 single sockets spurred off are for the hallway which were wired into the old kitchen ring. I want to keep them on this radial
Wired into the Kitchen Ring I want to keep them on this radial????? Can I refer you to Appendix 15 in BS 7671?

Wired into the Kitchen Ring I want to keep them on this radial????? Can I refer you to Appendix 15 in BS 7671?
No but you could be more helpful and just tell me what you are trying to say Pete. Thought the idea of this website was for help? Geez!!

No but you could be more helpful and just tell me what you are trying to say Pete. Thought the idea of this website was for help? Geez!!

The principle reason for the site if for sparks to help sparks who are doing the job to earn a living. Sure there is a DIY section but there are limits on what we general provide.

You really should be consulting the spark who you believe will be testing your work... but its not just about testing, its about making sure compliance with the regs and hence why I would recommend you get said sparky involved now.

I said they were on an old ring (which no longer exists). now they are just two 1G hall sockets which will be spurred off the bedroom radial. problem?

Steptoe84, you obviously have all this above board as far as the LBC and your Electrician are concerned, I have to say I don't agree, you have continued to say despite, my objections that you will be doing what you feel is right, no matter what professional advice you are being given, albeit to say what you intend is fundamentally wrong.
I don't recall you ever asking what I should do, and the only answer I have given is get an Electrician in to do this work, I don't think many forum members would give any advice other that mine, I could be wrong but that's my take. to this end I will continue to look at this thread, but sadly due to your attitude which seems to be, s-d your advice I'll do what I want, I will no longer contribute anything to this thread other than to say good luck.

Last edited:
Sounds to me like the OP just needs/wants someone to say yes that's fine like that and carry on with it on knowing an electrician(so he hopes) says it's right so it must be

Otherwise he'd be asking the inspector/tester to help with the design surely?

I will be getting it tested after I've done it as I always do, I need to get the whole house tested anyway. Yes I have new breakers at the CU and will obvs be isolating so nothing is live whilst working on it.

If the CU was replaced in 2016. Your installation should of already been tested.

Thanks for the advice so far. I will be getting it all tested before its live. I am intending running the wires to back boxes and then getting sparky to connect into CU.
Ok so my first idea was a shambles. Would Option 1 or 2 be a better way to run the wiring?......

View attachment 37976

Can you tell us the rest of the information about the circuit you are designing, and not just a sketch drawing?
What is the Ze and predicted Zs, what reference method, calculated cable size, OCPD type and rating etc etc

Thanks for the advice so far. I will be getting it all tested before its live. I am intending running the wires to back boxes and then getting sparky to connect into CU.
Ok so my first idea was a shambles. Would Option 1 or 2 be a better way to run the wiring?......

View attachment 37976

Can you tell us the rest of the information about the circuit you are designing, and not just a sketch drawing?
What is the Ze and predicted Zs, what reference method, calculated cable size, OCPD type and rating etc etc

Reply to Running a radial circuit in bedroom. He in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net