Discuss Running a radial circuit in bedroom. He in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi Lee, don't think Mr Joe Public (no offence intended) realise the implications of DIY electrics, bung it it in if it works jobs a good un, lost count of the times I lost customers by telling them what they should have, the DIY stores have a lot to answer for with regards to safe electrical installations.
The problem with DIY is it can be made to seem to work correctly, reversed polarity, incorrect cable sizes, abominable workmanship, no earth connections and of course no testing other than switching on, if the light/appliance works job done no need to employ those rip off electricians. I have met these things, like most will have, carried out by otherwise intelligent but Scrooge like people, an Admiral, even a Lawyer, people who value themselves very highly when charging others but resent paying the proper cost of people who have been properly trained to do something they are incompetent to do.

I suspect handy is questioning the word adverse .....
Ok I will put it another way does he know the regulations regarding safe wiring zones horizontal and vertical to the sockets this is one of the things DIY'ers get wrong.

I can't see anything on this thread to sugggest he has any level of training so doubt very much he is versed with safe zones or anything else. Even 5 weeks teaches you that, and a look in the byb would've given him his answer so he doesn't have one of those either.

TBH I think the only people that know about safe zones are sparks .....
Some of then don't always take notice of that regulation though Murdoch

true. also, what's this part pee i hear some guys banging on about?

and what's with this LABC, is that London Area Bus Company?

and all these years i thought adverse was a rhyming poem in the commercial break.

Reply to Running a radial circuit in bedroom. He in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net