Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

3. Forum for Trainees.

If you are a trainee and haven’t already applied to join our trainee forum then click HERE The trainee forum is a closed area of the forum where the Forum Mentors will freely share their vast experience within the industry. 

Dismiss Notice

Discuss Running cable in pvc conduit. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. hutch6447

hutch6447 Regular EF Member

Hi all, just a quick question as coming from forces where its all metal conduit I am coming to a part in my installation that is running in pvc conduit and I am using a 4 way conduit box now my question is these cables are running through box horizontally and vertically so can these cables just pass through the box or do they have to be terminated at connector blocks within the 4 way conduit? Thanks

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  2. tonycoysh

tonycoysh Guest

You're only using the 4 way conduit box for the conduit to meet so I would see no reason for it to be terminated. The less connections the better. I stand to be corrected if necessary though.

3. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    they will only have to be terminated if you are connecting something to them at the box.

4. hutch6447

hutch6447 Regular EF Member

Yeah both cables running straight through if it was connecting well I would use a connection box or junction, but many thanks was just a quick question not really used to working with this pvc conduit thanks guys.