Discuss safe isolation- the niceic way! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J.C.E

-
Arms
Reaction score
niceic initial assessment tomorrow! woop woop

Seek permission to isolate
isolate, locked off with signage- keep key on you
prove my gs38 approved voltage indicators on a known source (will use supply side of main switch?)
test between L-N,L-E,N-E for voltage
re-prove voltage indicator on known source
precede with work with caution

I do not want to leave any holes for the assessor to pick at- so a few thing I want advise on-

1)OK to use main switch as my known source?

2) I am just using a lighting circuit I have installed as my job...

Turn off main switch before taking off cover?
Take cover off only isolate rcbo for the light circuit- leaving all other circuits on? whilst doing my testing on my circuit? -what about walking away from fuse board to do my r1+r2 in another room ect?

Any advise welcome

cheers guys

niceic initial assessment tomorrow! woop woop

Seek permission to isolate
isolate, locked off with signage- keep key on you
prove my gs38 approved voltage indicators on a known source (will use supply side of main switch?)
test between L-N,L-E,N-E for voltage
re-prove voltage indicator on known source
precede with work with caution

I do not want to leave any holes for the assessor to pick at- so a few thing I want advise on-

1)OK to use main switch as my known source? YES

2) I am just using a lighting circuit I have installed as my job...

Turn off main switch before taking off cover? YES
Take cover off only isolate rcbo for the light circuit- leaving all other circuits on? whilst doing my testing on my circuit? -what about walking away from fuse board to do my r1+r2 in another room ect?

Proper way to do it would be to turn off the whole board whilst you are in it, replace cover before live testing. Depends on your assessor though. If you leave the board that will be fine as it will be locked off.

Any advise welcome

cheers guys

and don't forget to PAT test the kettle before making the assole (crossed out) assessor a brew.

...When i need to re-test the operation of my voltage indicator,i use a choice of supply,that has remained uninterrupted,in my location,since the early eighties...:yawn:

Reply to safe isolation- the niceic way! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock