Discuss Safety rules banning shorts on site during hot weather... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

In Bath, Raph Allen which is one of the schools has one of them fashionable gender neutral uniform policies, its all the rage at the moment and a way for schools and lefties to say to each other how good they are. They are always looking for ways to show how inclusive they are and out do other leftist establishments. the boys could only wear trousers, but the girls trousers or skirts. no shorts for anybody, so a group of boys got together and wore skirts...
Maybe you could turn up on site wearing skirts? if they question it tell them you are identifying as a woman and are starting the transition phase!! It would be a brave company this day and age to question it.
Safety rules banning shorts on site during hot weather... upload_2018-7-4_21-32-44 - EletriciansForums.net

Not sure but it discriminates against midgets as they can't wear long trousers.

When you turn up on site in shorts just "identify" yourself as a midget
they can't do anything about it due to the rules and regulations regarding discrimination, always use the rules to your advantage.
I like your thinking on this

I have never joined in the "dressing as you are told" club,and anyone who is unhappy,regarding that,can merely ring someone else up - for the rest of time.

I was once due to attend a meeting regarding a fairly sizeable contract,with the directors of a company i was busy with,and Scottish Power.

My mum had bought me a rather amusing winter ski hat,with two foot long soft stalks on the top,with eyes on...i was wearing it in the workshop,when the MD met the Scottish Power team,on arrival.

I heard their contract manager,ask the MD to ask me to "remove that head-wear..."

"Oh that's not a good idea..." he replied..."He has MUCH dafter hats,than that..." :)

...And yes,i have shorts on,although i may swap to a ball-gown,if Snickers really want £50+ for replacements...:eek:

Woring for dno whatever the weather, if working in substation or on live circuits full ppe, gauntlets, full face mask, Nomex type boiler suit. No ifs or buts. Burn from flash over will be worse than a bit of sunburn.

You lot have it easy. Shorts?? I'm in hard hat, safety glasses, flame retardent hi-vis overals, gloves and steel toecap boots. In this weather I do leave off my trousers under the overalls!

No chance of shorts for me, kneeling next to BT street cabinets covered in tramp and dogs ---- I'd rather be sweating.

No aircon in the van either has made this a rather unpleasant summer so far...

Not sure but it discriminates against midgets as they can't wear long trousers.

When you turn up on site in shorts just "identify" yourself as a midget
they can't do anything about it due to the rules and regulations regarding discrimination, always use the rules to your advantage.
...and ask for the legal definition of shorts. Is it badly shortened trousers?

Reply to Safety rules banning shorts on site during hot weather... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock