Discuss Samil inverter displaying fault in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,
My Samil SR3300TL has started to throw a DC INJ High fault.

Rebooting the inverter seems to sort it but it looks to happen when we have a lot and close to max sunshine, probably a Cap failing somewhere and we have had a lot of sunshine recently. Most times it reboots in 10-15mins but once it didn't come back till next day...

My installer informed me Samil UK did a runner and left us all high and dry when it comes to warranty, this unit is 5ys old.

My 1st question is do I need to inform my DNO of an inverter change...
Q2: Can I fit a larger Samil inverter they did a SR3680TL which should have better electronics inside.

Or would you fit an alternative PV is 3.25kw.

My concern is, is the inverter maxing out and stressing the output under max PV, and any equivalent be lower in output than the present Samil.

Your help and advice would be appreciated...

Hi, did you get the bottom of your problem and replace any caps, or just change the inverter? I have a fault that sounds similar - my DC voltage is too high and the inverter is tripping. I'm going to start a new thread on that rather than hijack yours.

I couldn't imagine why the panels would suddenly now be outputting more than double much higher DC voltage than they're rated for but maybe it is the inverter that is faulty like yours... I'd be interested to hear if you discovered any more detail.

Reply to Samil inverter displaying fault in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all. We have had 7x 400w solar panels for a number of years now on our roof which is se/nw facing end terrace. 4 on se side 3 on nw side...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. The owner of the business I work for along with myself have created a DIY inverter setup that is giving us some issues. We bought...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I am new to the forum so be nice! I used to install solar PV systems back when the tariffs were still good, and I've never had to go...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, My name is Sid and I am based out of Bengaluru, India. I would like to ask for your help on an issue that I am facing recently...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock