Discuss Samsung refrigerator issue in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

Alex Halkias

Greetings
I am facing the following issue with my side-by-side Samsung refrigerator:
For a while now the appliance has been making an increasingly annoying nose. After some research and testing, I have confirmed it originates from the refrigerator section, towards the top. This noise stops and normal operation resumes after making a 24 - 48 hours defrost, which entails transferring stored items in another refrigerator and unplugging the problematic refrigerator for the time needed. I have reached to the safe conclusion that the cause of the malfunction is ice accumulation. I understand that this is quite normal and that running a manual defrost every several months is perhaps justified. However, in this case, the noise returns after only 2 weeks or so! From that, I assume (even though I am not certain) that there is something wrong with the automatic defrost cycle/mechanism of the unit, to explain why ice builds up so rapidly.
I would rather fix this problem myself, so any instructions would be very welcome.

Below are the details of the refrigerator:
Brand: Samsung
Model: SS22WG1/EUR
Model code: 4377
Serial number: 43CN400032 E

Thanks

the fridge "slave" cools from the freezer and ice builds up in the connecting tube/s. if it's not auto defrosting, this will cause your problem. i'd be inclined to contact samsung.

Greetings
I am facing the following issue with my side-by-side Samsung refrigerator:
For a while now the appliance has been making an increasingly annoying nose. After some research and testing, I have confirmed it originates from the refrigerator section, towards the top. This noise stops and normal operation resumes after making a 24 - 48 hours defrost, which entails transferring stored items in another refrigerator and unplugging the problematic refrigerator for the time needed. I have reached to the safe conclusion that the cause of the malfunction is ice accumulation. I understand that this is quite normal and that running a manual defrost every several months is perhaps justified. However, in this case, the noise returns after only 2 weeks or so! From that, I assume (even though I am not certain) that there is something wrong with the automatic defrost cycle/mechanism of the unit, to explain why ice builds up so rapidly.
I would rather fix this problem myself, so any instructions would be very welcome.

Below are the details of the refrigerator:
Brand: Samsung
Model: SS22WG1/EUR
Model code: 4377
Serial number: 43CN400032 E

Thanks
Frosting of the condenser and evaporator is usually a sign of dirty radiators, blocked filters or a shortage of refrigerant, is the fan unit fouling up on something?

Samsung units of this type are a nightmare when it comes to auto defrosting, there are repair and modification kits available to correct the problems for several models. The defrost heaters and thermostats are known to fail then the ice buildup fouls the air circulation fans, the ice can also cause internal panels to be deformed, and the water dispenser pipework to freeze and split open. If the water stops flowing from the water dispenser, switch off the water to the fridge otherwise when the ice melts you can end up with a flood. Call an appliance repair bloke.

Also check your model isn't listed on one of the recall lists. If it is contact Samsung to be repaired and have the safety modifications carried out.

Last edited:
thanks for the reminder. missed 3 days so far. no ill effects, wgthemfta. gfirbubsdik.

OK tel, missing your pills ain't good for you mate. I don't get a chance to miss mine anymore. After my last little outing, the missus stands there & hands them to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK tel, missing your pills ain't good for you mate. I don't get a chance to miss mine anymore. After my last little outing, the missus stands there & hands them to me.
Mine as well, pity she ain't in a Nurses uniform

mine aren't critical. they only for high blood pressure and blood thinning rubbish. problem is if i cut or graze arm/hand/ etc. i bleed like a pig for ages. need the old bog roll and insulation tape handy at all times.

funny thing is, to get back on topic. our new ( 12 months old) supersonic freezer packed up last night. temp risen. alarm light flashing. it's a blomberg. time to look out the 3 year warranty.

mine aren't critical. they only for high blood pressure and blood thinning rubbish. problem is if i cut or graze arm/hand/ etc. i bleed like a pig for ages. need the old bog roll and insulation tape handy at all times.

funny thing is, to get back on topic. our new ( 12 months old) supersonic freezer packed up last night. temp risen. alarm light flashing. it's a blomberg. time to look out the 3 year warranty.

Back off topic and on to pills, thinners, uppers, downers, vitamins, gut rot stoppers, thyroid,Statins like a walking Chemist shop, yes them thinner don't half make you bleed if you cut yourself don't they?

i got them statins. never take 'em. they're like horse pills . get my uppers from Theakstons, downers same place, and vitamins..... hold on.... yep. Theaksons also. and my gut's OK, so it must be right.

have to admit though that Marstons, Wychwood, Brains, moretons, and Westons contribute as well.

Can't get my missus to wear a nurses uniform either Pete :(,for some reason she reckons it'll raise my BP even more. Can't think why that would be :innocent:.
Definitely know about being a walking chemists shop, hit a bump in the car & I rattle :)

Can't get my missus to wear a nurses uniform either Pete :(,for some reason she reckons it'll raise my BP even more. Can't think why that would be :innocent:.
start by getting her to just wear half the uniform at first, then the other half, then both halves together. even if it don't work right, it will be fun anyway.

Reply to Samsung refrigerator issue in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock