Discuss satelite broadband in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
don't know were to post this so stuck it on here.
got a job rural cottage which i've just 1st fixed,it has no phone line as its a holiday home and not required by customer.
customer has asked about satellite broad band and i would like to get some cablei in for it so there are no horrid runs outside on the new stone work.
anyone got any experience of these and whats required,not summit i've come across before.
cheers

Hi mate, we do satellite broadband all the time! As far as first fix goes you will need a twin coax cable, but quality is everythig with these systems so you will need a wf100/ct100 rated coax cable. Run it from the dish position (needs a clear view South East) too wherever the modem will sit

Hi mate, we do satellite broadband all the time! As far as first fix goes you will need a twin coax cable, but quality is everythig with these systems so you will need a wf100/ct100 rated coax cable. Run it from the dish position (needs a clear view South East) too wherever the modem will sit

And ask the client if they want any fixed hard wire points from the modem/router position - i.e. the TV

cheers for that i'll dig me compass out .

just check the position of the sun at 10.30 a.m. that'll be close to SE.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but without a satellite uplink you'll still need some kind of phone service for the upload side of broadband.

Satellite Broad band is an up/down connection,same as used for TV and Event Outside broadcasts, not the same as Sky's Satellite down, phone up.

My Son has it, he's had no landline phone connection for 3 weeks since the snow brought the line down, and there is no mobile signal where he lives in Northumberland.
The B-B is working fine and he's using Skype to make phone calls as he works from home.

Reply to satelite broadband in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net