Discuss Saying Hello....... in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Richard35

Hi everyone,

My name is Richard, I am 35 years old and seriously looking into re-training to be an electrician.
I have just achieved my ECS card and am planning to work as an electricians mate in order to get some basic skills and at least earn a bit of cash to fund my training.
I am currently based in the South/South East.

I hear mixed messages as to whether this is actually realistic or that I should have my level 2 C&G electrical first?
Hopefully as a very focused and determined person with a slightly more mature/reliable head and some transferable skills should be attractive to some sparky's!................

I am still not 100% decided whether to go straight for the 2365 C&G level 2+3 or whether to train as a domestic installer +Part P first?
Both seem to have their advantages, and I don't really have an insiders view on whether domestic or commercial is the future really. What do you guys think?

Anyway it is great to be here on the Forum, and I look forward to speaking with some of you in the near future.

My new journey begins........................

All the best,

Rich

Hi Richard. Mhm choices eh! I think doing the 2365 course is how to be a real electrician as it has the core knowledge of what it is all about, science and practical wise in conjunction with a bit of hard graft. It gives you greater currency in the broader range of future career choices. If I had to choose between domestic and commercial, commercial wins hands down any day. Domestics are a real pain for so many reasons. You also have the possibility of moving into industrial where you really are an electrician proper. The earnings can be much better as well. IMHO.
Disclaimer: No part of the foregoing is meant to denigrate any form of electrical work or person working in any area. And if it does then I deny it, and I never said it!

Welcome, what did you do before?

Reply to Saying Hello....... in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net