Discuss Scam or No Scam ? That is the Question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

tbs1983

Right, Im full time employed by my local council.

I also do a lot of work on the side for myself (mostly domestic). Am registered with HMRC as self employed.
Have done for 2-3 years now.

Never joined a scam, just carried my work out to BS7671, provided a certificate, and never had a problem.

I've got a couple of new build extensions come in which have building control involved, shall I just bite the bullet and pay £400 odd just to make sure i'm 100% covered, or shall I carry on being a 'rebel'.

Thoughts?

I think you're already covered under the permission and control rules for the extension. Are you installing new circuits or extending existing ones?
Oh, by the way FIGHT THE POWER!

I also do a lot of work on the side for myself (mostly domestic). Am registered with HMRC as self employed.

Never joined a scam, just carried my work out to BS7671, provided a certificate, and never had a problem.

I've got a couple of new build extensions come in which have building control involved, shall I just bite the bullet and pay £400 odd just to make sure i'm 100% covered, or shall I carry on being a 'rebel'.

Thoughts?

as LABC are already involved with new build/extensions, then speak to them. they generally just require you to give proof of your quals. and then give them a copy of your cert. no fees involved.

Thoughts?

How the hell would you fit these in alongside a full time job?

he works for the council. nobody does more than 2 hours real work a day there.

evenings & weekends murdoch.
Not big extensions by any means.
You'd be surprised how many work for both someone else and their self

we had a team from the local council doing some minor roadworks here. the foreman had to phone in to the office as they'd not got any shovels or brooms on the waggon. the gaffer at the council offices told him........ well, just lean on each other till we can get a van over.

they can't charge the fee as the fee is for them to raise a building notice. this will already have been done as part of the building /planning permission.

wont cost me any job Tony, i work for a completely different dept to LABC (street lighting).
Also our head of dept (top dog) is fully aware several of his employees also do their own work (in fact he did too when he was on the tools).

Reply to Scam or No Scam ? That is the Question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net