Discuss SCAM WARNING! please read in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Guest111

Last night I received an email from a friend of mine saying he was in Belgium and had been robbed,his money,credit cards and airline ticket along with his passport had been stolen.He'd got a temp passport but needed money to pay for his hotel and to get home,and would I help him out the best way apparently was to send him some money via western union and he'd repay me when he got home.I smelled a rat and rang him this morning,he was safely at home in Preston and apparently he'd been hacked.The scammers apparently send a message to any contacts in your list that are not thought to be businesses in the hope that as a friend you'll want to help and will send some money.It's caused him no end of problems,however it would appear that nobody has sent any money so the scammers haven't gained anything.Just be aware in case you receive anything from a "friend" who appears to be in trouble.

i am in belguim, phil and a lady of the night has nicked my wallet, cards, passport. please send me ÂŁ5000 so i can charter an executive jet to get home.

Hi mate I get loads into my Junk Email filter I set everything to junk then decide from there if I want to open or read etc
they send then from Nigeria , America report as Phishing scam then others wont be caught out

The warning light and bell goes off as soon as you see Western Union.

Don't get involved in anything asking for payment via W.U.

It was set up so cowboys and outlaws in the outback could send or receive money.

Nothing's changed.

Reply to SCAM WARNING! please read in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net