Discuss scam within a scam? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

grumpyjohn01

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just notified some work to Elecsa and realised I was being charged £3 'per tick' when I got to the part where you 'detail' the work done....naturally when I realised this I only made 1 tick as in my mind the others didnt strictly apply, however this would be a matter of judgement and could cost a maximum of £18 (6 x £3). Just wondering what they might make of this come assessment time?

That's why they are called SCAMS

I did not realise it was per tick, but as you say just use the most appropriate one (worst case), the installation work you have done is complying with the building regulations and that is what you are declaring on the site; the type of work done is really only a description to enable it to be matched with the wiring regulations certificates so as long as you have done that you should be good to go.

the type of work done is really only a description to enable it to be matched with the wiring regulations certificates so as long as you have done that you should be good to go.
They ask separately for your cert number so it should be straightforward to match the work done to the notification should they need to check, so why the tick boxes at all? just a way to con you into paying more I suspect...I shall only be ticking 1 box (the most onerous one) in future whatever....and risk the argument come assessment!

Just notified some work to Elecsa and realised I was being charged £3 'per tick' when I got to the part where you 'detail' the work done....naturally when I realised this I only made 1 tick as in my mind the others didnt strictly apply, however this would be a matter of judgement and could cost a maximum of £18 (6 x £3). Just wondering what they might make of this come assessment time?
As Jeremy Beadle used to say "you've been scammed"

CHEER UP, this will make you laugh

Attachments

• scam within a scam? 1964998_643437325692652_797209870_n - EletriciansForums.net
    1964998_643437325692652_797209870_n.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 114
Are you sure you got charged £18.00??

I recently notified a replacement CU and new circuit(s) and "only" got charged £3.00 plus VAT

It is £3.00 per notifyable job not £3.00 per tick, the OP has done something wrong whilst filling in the notification.

Are you sure you got charged £18.00??

I recently notified a replacement CU and new circuit(s) and "only" got charged £3.00 plus VAT
Mmm have been back over it and you are right, the wording on the form is a little misleading, I think it means you can tick up to 6 boxes for £3 in each 'group' which I think refers to the various schemes they administer ie 6 ticks for part p 6 ticks for microgen etc etc at £3 a scheme...Ok fine I withdraw my complaint...as you were!

Reply to scam within a scam? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock