Discuss scam? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
just received tis email. looks like a scam to get your paypal details so they can rob your bank account. the giveaway is the grammar etc.

logo_paypal_106x29.png

Hello Member !
This is Automatic Message Generated by System To Let you know that you have to confirm your account
your account muse be confirmed because he has been Limited Temporarly
to confirm your account and remove limitation , fellow steps and once your account confirmed he will be work as again
this is option is delivred for all members and 100% secured
The procces doesnt make more than 5 minutes
We are not monotoring this inbox ,
Thanks , PayPal Team
[h=3]Remove Limit Here ![/h]

[h=5]Paypal Team 1999-2014 © All right Reserved for us[/h]

Hover your cursor over any links, logos whathaveyou on emails etc., and you can see the addresses.
It's usually obvious which are dodgy!
I just delete any financial emails as a matter of course.

obvious one is hello member. genuine paypal emails always address you as the name you have registered with them,

Hi,
Had a similar one supposedly from the Bank I use a couple of weeks back. Rang the Bank manager and he gave me their e-mail ( their scam e-mail address ) address to forward the e-mail on to. Once they start asking for details and asking you to verify your account details, you know it's dodgy.

Regards.

so, i issed a h out. must be a low blood alcohol level. will top up now.

i wasn't thinking of sending you a pm anyway. so ner ner. :willy_nilly:

nah. scouseland is way ahead. all got alloy wheels now. we can sell you geordies some of our old steel jobbies to replace your wooden ones. even send some pneumatic tyres so you can dump them solid ones.

oh, bugger. i've been rumbled. always thought signing certificates was every other tuesday down at the dole.

Reply to scam? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock