Discuss Scantronic panel problem in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi, my panel is a scantronic 9448+ ,when the system alarms only the internal panel buzzer sounds. If I do a bell test ( 4 enter then code ) the outside sounder , sounds and the strobe flashes.
Thanks.

Hi, it is a old installation, the outside sounder is a texecom odyssey E3 (SCB).
The outside sounder sounds and strobe flashes when tested from panel. I would assume that indicates the sounder is ok.
Set the alarm then active a sensor and the entry bleep times down and the internal sounder sounds, but the outside sounder or strobe does not.
Thanks

Does it not sound even when 2 x devices are activated in alarm? Will need to ensure it's not a monitored alarm before giving it a go!

Hi, several sensors activated at same time does not make a difference. System is not a monitored system.if I get a engineer in he will test the Sounders like I have done and conclude requires a new panel. I am a electrical engineer but not familiar with problems experienced with scantronic panels. Thought this may be a recurring problem with this panel and somebody else has come across it. My next move is to reset panel back to default in case a setting is corrupt, then if that does not correct looks like a new panel is required.

A better test is not to use the entry timer, try setting the alarm and stand in a room, (not stairs or hall), which has a detector. Set the alarm, then move in the room, if all is well, the inside and outside sounder including strobe should fire off

Reply to Scantronic panel problem in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock