Discuss Scary NON fused UK plug for sale on fleabay... in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

As a foreigner I've seen some that are fused and some that aren't. The one I take to the UK when I go there isn't fused because the fused ones are larger and take more luggage space.

Maybe they should set up another branch of Customs and start full-body searching everyone for non compliant electrical devices. The last time I went through UK customs they tried to confiscate half a kilo of finest Kudu biltong and a bag of roasted macadamia nuts that were destined for my father. It ended up as a bit of a ruck and out of principal I ate most of it right there rather than hand it over to the airport fascists and felt ill for a full day afterward. :)

Shame you weren't bringing ghost chili's in; now that would have been a story ;)

But is that the European mark of the Chinese Export mark? They both look very similar.

Sellers based in China so they can sell what they want out there, shame most people don't realise how much crap is produced in that country.
The one thing you can say with certainty is that if you see a CE mark on a BS 1363 type plug, then the plug is a counterfeit.

By placing a Conformité Européenne, meaning "European Conformity" mark on a product a manufacturer is declaring that the product conforms with the essential requirements of the applicable EC directives. As BS 1363 is a National Standard with no European equivalent, then there is no applicable EC directive, hence there is nothing to claim conformance with. The use of a CE mark on a BS 1363 type plug constitutes an offence under the Trades Descriptions Act.

Reply to Scary NON fused UK plug for sale on fleabay... in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net