Discuss Schedule of results when adding to installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

n180

-
Reaction score
When adding just a couple of circuits to an existing installation, what exactly do you put on the schedule of results with regards to the old circuits.

Just the circuit number and name or do you add the breaker details also like bsen, type, breaking capacity, rating. Obviously can't add ref method as you didn't do install so don't know all the details, but what about conductor sizes you can see inside CU?

Thanks.

I add as much information as possible and any test results that I have attained. Not Verified (NV) is also used a lot.

We've been assimilated Pete.
ah. the dreaded gorilla collective.
Crikey Tel, LSK and Darkwood are at it as well, didn't think much of it at the time, "Planet of the Apes" springs to Mind, this must be on GMES's instructions, time to change mine I think, not an Ape mind you, something more amiable. :tongue::monkeyface::monkeyface::monkeyface::monkeyface:

It's 2 new circuits I've added for my stroma assessment. Just want to make sure I write the right stuff up with as little room as possible for inspector to catch me out.

So If I write NV for anything I'm not sure about, should be fine for old circuits? I'm not planning on running tests on old circuits, just the 2 new ones.

I wouldn’t bother with NV.
Just put down the circuit details, type and rating of the protective device.
If the circuits are protected by an RCD that you have tested when adding your circuits, then include those results.
Anything that you haven’t tested or verified, leave blank.

If it is two new circuits just include those and nothing else. So if you have added say circuits 3 and 6, just list those on the schedule. Keep it simple no need for NV, NA or any of that business.
Absolutely. I wouldn't be wasting my time listing circuits I haven't had any involvement with. In fact it could wrongly imply that I had done something to them.

One place to exercise caution when existing circuits go onto a schedule is number of points. Best to put N/V as it can be very difficult to accurately put a number to it. I was once on the receiving end of a complaint after various alterations to various existing circuits in an extremely cluttered house where much was inaccessible. A couple of years later new owners complained that my cert said X number of points when in fact there were Y number of points. A lesson learnt although I doubt many people would get quite as ---- over the number of points recorded on a cert as these people did.

One place to exercise caution when existing circuits go onto a schedule is number of points. Best to put N/V as it can be very difficult to accurately put a number to it. I was once on the receiving end of a complaint after various alterations to various existing circuits in an extremely cluttered house where much was inaccessible. A couple of years later new owners complained that my cert said X number of points when in fact there were Y number of points. A lesson learnt although I doubt many people would get quite as ---- over the number of points recorded on a cert as these people did.
The world's full of knobs!

It also can be very difficult on an eicr which I do try and put a number of points as accurately as I can but I’ve been known to use n/v as well, rightly or wrongly but there it is.

Just fill in the description of works that you have undertaken eg additional socket outlets to downstairs ring main circuit to the extension. Then fill in only the circuit(s) you have worked on. The circuit chart at the consumer unit/D.B. also needs updating. Always try to get copies of previous electrical certificates.

Reply to Schedule of results when adding to installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net