Discuss Scotland's minimum pricing for alcohol in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Will we see a remake of rab c nesbit then? All sobered up and able to be understood.

What i dont get about the poison dwarf sturgeon is i have yet to meet anybody from scotland who has anything good to say about her.... sure there are snp supporters but given how many people dislike her. I reckon either the scots are either a lying or b really are drunkards as sonebody keeps voting for that poison dwarf

Education on health matters would probably be more effective than increasing the price of booze ....... but we all know you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink!

I didn't start this thread for any form of Scotland/England bashing.
I can let the 'sweaty socks' jibe pass, but there's been a couple of other comments way over the line. Behave!

I didn't vote for the SNP. I dont believe in independence. We are better off as a United Kingdom.
I also think Sturgeon looks like Jimmy Krankie, and I've seen her up close.

I initially didn't agree with the price change, and some of you put over a good point. There are pro's and cons. It may lead to more burglaries for example, so the desperate can steal money to fund their addiction.
It may become the norm if Wales and England follow suit.

it obviously will not work. look at the horrendous tax on smokes and we still smoke as much as when 20 smokes cost 1/10d.

I bet the 'home brew' shops in Scotland are loving it. Good news for them. As has already been mentioned, it won't stop the amount of alcohol someone intakes as they will just pay the difference or make their own.

I personally do not think 50 pence a unit is a problem, it means a can of fosters would be just over a quid, it costs near that now, a bottle of whisky is a lot more than 50 pence a unit, it will be the strong cider and lager which increases in price and to be fair it may well be a good thing to tempt people to drink lower strength stuff, Scotland needs to worry about it's industry not putting up prices lol, there is more Jocks down here than up there, Jimmy Cranky needs to worry about the fact the way things are going up there she will be the only one left up there.

I bided my time...
but the very cheap, very strong drink is a problem. However, it takes more than a price-hike to cure the situation, and I don't pretend to have the answer.
For the record, I haven't met anyone who likes Nicola, I didn't vote for independence, and I didn't vote to leave the EU.
Just saying...

Scotland has a choice. remain part of the UK and reap the benefits, or go with the EU and get shafted, like Ireland was after the honeymoon.

Reply to Scotland's minimum pricing for alcohol in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock