Discuss Screw compressor MPCBs keep failing , Please Help !! in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

I can only presume the compressor being such a large one is on a skid with its own control circuit? If so I cannot see a problem as it will have its own overload protection and that MCCB is just protecting the cable to the compressor.

I can only suggest replacing it with some motor rated HRC fuses and see if they a more robust solution.

But without seeing it everyone is guessing.

This MCCB is for motor protection , since there is nothing between the motor and the breaker but the 3 Delta/star contactors, what i'm going to do now is replacing the bad 630A breaker with a another 1250A breaker, i think the problem is just simple as the breaker can't handle the motor espacialy during those power interuptions. we'll see how that goes , and if the new 1250A breaker fails too, i'll just say goodbye to my job hhhhhh

Can the supply cable handle this increase in mccb size?

Does the unit have an unloader? If so has it been thoroughly tested? A sticky unloader valver could be causing locked rotor on restart which could correspond to the overcurrent failure message. I'm not sure why that would destroy the MCCB though....

Rather than whacking a 1250A MCCB in maybe go with another 630A with ba higher fault current KA rating.

Reply to Screw compressor MPCBs keep failing , Please Help !! in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Have an option of an old, but really solid superb condition and well made large +/- 200ltr compressor from Denmark. Rarely used since...
Replies
Views
Hello! I've just joined the forum and am looking for a little advice. - As what I am attempting to do will never be attached to the electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm looking for some help please. I don't have any electrical experience and just wondered if anyone could shed some light on why my circuit...
Replies
Views
Ive had a amusing days fault finding today, Found several faults but have come out of it asking more questions than I have answers. So Me and a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock