Discuss SDS+ drill at Lidl for £35 in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

ringer

-
Reaction score
Just got an email from Lidl (yes, I am on their mailing list, especially for things like this) and from Thursday they have a Parkside SDS plus drill and bits for £35. I know Parkside are not the greatest of tools, but at this price, who cares about that?

Check out the video here

Think I might just pick up two of them at that price :cool:

LIDL????????????????????????

I would make sure your only using it on polystirene :)

you`ll care when it only lasts a day

try toolstation i love em

I had the earlier version of that drill (the 'long' red one, similar in shape to the dewalt SDS that was on offer at screwfix lately) and it was very good for domestic work. Light as a feather and very powerful. Unfortunately it was nicked, I'd recommend one to anyone.

That one looks a bit flimsy, but for £35 who cares.

Most the 'generic branded' tools you get from Lidl or Aldi are actually all german made and very good, especially for the price.

stuff from there is suprisingly good. alot of it (powercraft stuff from aldi) has a 3 year garantee too

When ever I've been in to Lidl looking for the power tool deals they're sold out. I always go in fairly early on the start day but apart from cola I've never heard of they don't have much.

I think one of the last things I did with young apprentices before they came out of thier times was we would scour the sheds for just these sort of things. About 4 years ago I got a wickes SDS for about the same price, OK 230 so no good for site, but for domestic and commercial it was great and I think it may still be going.

Great to have your expensive SDS 36volt kit at 300+ pounds, but these "throw away" bargains IMO are ideal when your first starting out, and you have all the other expense of Van, tools, test kit, etc etc.

. About 4 years ago I got a wickes SDS for about the same price, OK 230 so no good for site, but for domestic and commercial it was great and I think it may still be going.

/QUOTE]

I bought a B+Q (I think it was Erbauer) extra cheapy impact chisel as a stop gap for domestic about 3 years ago
It performed brilliant,it had better hammer than my previous £ 300 Bosch that had packed up
I had no prolems whatsoever until the brush holder collapsed, and no sooner it happened I got myself another,all of thirty five pounds

Now I wont suggest for a moment that used continually by a builder or such, that it may not have lasted so long,but for electricans use it was perfect

After another 2 years of the second machine I am gratefull for the info because I am going down Liddles to see if i can get myself one of those on the link

After dropping my brand new £4 stanley tape down a cavity without once using it many years ago,I have taken the attitude that expensive tools may be more expensive than buying multiple cheapies for less cost

Looks good for 35.00 I will try and get one.I always feel a bit dismayed seeing nice new expensive drills being used for electrical work and getting all covered in plaster dust and grot.

I bought a similar one a few years ago and abused it daily for drilling and chasing. The connection on the trigger and one of the brushes failed an it gets really hot when core drilling for more than 2 hours at a time (3 fans in 600mm granite stone walls). It's still working, I had to repair the connections and add grease to the gearbox on more than one occasion but I failed in destroying it. I suppose I could have tried harder...

Reply to SDS+ drill at Lidl for £35 in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock