Discuss Security Light Problem in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

joolzhaines

Hi,

I am having issues with a house security light; I have just replaced a movement sensitive one which was staying on all the time with a new one as I thought the sensor had gone but the new one is doing the same, I have replaced following the diagram in the box and can’t understand what could be wrong, I did notice that the connection block had two live connections which I have not seen before and connected to the one indicated in the diagram.

Live in -> LIVE ->
Live LIVE ->
Earth in -> EARTH ->
Neutral in -> NEUTRAL ->

Could it be a faulty unit?

Regards
Joolz

The obvious way is look at the connections and there will be a cable that is usually white and goes straight to the lamp holder so if you have connected line there then it will stay on all the time.

you supply L/N/E to L in, N, and E. that leaves a 4th terminal which just has a connection into the fitting. you would only connect to this 1 if you want to feed a slave light. from your post, it sounds like you have linked Lin to Lout.

Last edited:
you supply L/N/E to L in, N, and E. that leaves a 4th terminal which just has a connection into the fitting. you would only connect to this 1 if you want to feed a slave light. from your post, it sounds like you have linked Lin to Lout.

Could also be the connection that is for an over-ride switch has a permanent supply to it.

Reply to Security Light Problem in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a Security Light on my patio and until recently it worked fine. It stopped working and I couldn't decide if it was the LED Floodlight or...
Replies
Views
can anyone please advise on where the wires go? My electrician installed a new cable ready for when I bought a security light. The cable as shown...
Replies
Views
I have a baffling problem with a newly-installed PIR floodlight and I'd like advice from the forum as to whether it's defective (and should be...
Replies
Views
I've got a security light which has two wires like a normal ceiling lamp (the first wiring diagram attached). I bought a new security light which...
Replies
Views
Hi all, H.N.Y. The passive, affixed to a recently bought LED security light is rubbish, sometimes it works, mostly it doesn't, no matter how...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock