Discuss Security Roller Shutter Door Isolator in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm trying to find an isolator that will take a class 4 security padlock for a factories roller shutter door, this is to comply with their latest insurance assessment.
Can anyone point me in the right direction please? The usual 16/32A rotary isolators do not have a big enough hole for the type of padlock needed and they are of course made from plastic which is pointless in this instance.

Any Ideas please?

Many Thanks

Hi All

I'm trying to find an isolator that will take a class 4 security padlock for a factories roller shutter door, this is to comply with their latest insurance assessment.
Can anyone point me in the right direction please? The usual 16/32A rotary isolators do not have a big enough hole for the type of padlock needed and they are of course made from plastic which is pointless in this instance.

Any Ideas please?

Many Thanks
Make the hole larger!!

What about one of those mult hasps you get in a lock off kit. You would clamp that in then fit the pad lock on there?

Security Roller Shutter Door Isolator 39082D5D-0303-4C0D-A586-07EFA57447D3 - EletriciansForums.net

It's a plastic isolator and it needs to take a class 4 security padlock so boring the hole out is not an option I'm afraid
Ohh right thanks for putting me rightRobbo777

What like these
WTF no sorry Mate think either me or my laptop is having an epi,
Question why class 4 if I may ask, is than an insurance stipulation? Don't suppose you want any bonding or earthing done in the meanwhile, may be away for a bit, going to take my laptop outside and give it a kicking sorry for the earthing vid.

WTF no sorry Mate think either me or my laptop is having an epi,
Question why class 4 if I may ask, is than an insurance stipulation? Don't suppose you want any bonding or earthing done in the meanwhile, may be away for a bit, going to take my laptop outside and give it a kicking sorry for the earthing vid.

Haha, I think I'm all good for the bonding thanks :)

Yes, the class 4 padlock is an insurance stipulation

Might be working thinking about a contactor operated by a switch or keyswitch in a metal box. This kind of thing..

I have been looking at making one that goes around the isolator, I was hoping that there might have been something off the shelf before I do, I'll have a look at the measurements for this and see if it'll work.

I don't understand why the isolator needs a security padlock of that spec? Its for maintenance, and only needs a padlock when someone is working on it. The multi hole clamp on #3 would be fine.

Keyed switch on the open/close buttons?

I don't understand why the isolator needs a security padlock of that spec? Its for maintenance, and only needs a padlock when someone is working on it. The multi hole clamp on #3 would be fine.

Keyed switch on the open/close buttons?

Its so those nasty burglars can't open the door, its got nothing to do with electrical isolation needs or maintenance. Its an insurance stipulation to stop tonnes of alluminium that they have in their factory leaving via that specific exit.
It doesn't help too much that there's a pykey site opposite the factory either. :/

It's what the customer wants so that's what I need to deliver really.

If they've already got in a padlock won't stop them.

What about putting the isolator inside a lockable metal enclosure?

Reply to Security Roller Shutter Door Isolator in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock