Discuss Secuself wireless alarm help in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I'm looking to install a Secuself wireless alarm system (www.electronics-line.com , no luck looking on there) and it requires a sim card for GPRS(to link the panel to the PIR/door contacts I imagine) and text alerts. Could anyone from experience tell me if it uses a lot of data, I'm wondering how much my customer is going to have to expect to top up his SIM card for the alarm.

Cheers!

Very simple answer don`t fit rubbish in the first place, this alarm does not comform to any EN or BS standards.

You can get the commpact from TLC, SIM card is just used for communication to end users not PIR's, electronic line is part of the risco group which make a much better system under the risco name, looks like secuself just puts stickers on it to make it look like it is there's,

Very simple answer don`t fit rubbish in the first place, this alarm does not comform to any EN or BS standards.

The alarm system conforms to EN50131(The European Standards for intruder burglar alarms) but thanks so much for the arrogant negativity.

egg67 - the product is apparently dependant on GPRS(via the SIM card), I'm no expert on communications etc but does that not mean it is using data from the sim?

The alarm system conforms to EN50131(The European Standards for intruder burglar alarms) but thanks so much for the arrogant negativity.

egg67 - the product is apparently dependant on GPRS(via the SIM card), I'm no expert on communications etc but does that not mean it is using data from the sim?

You ask for advice, you were given advice...then suggest arrogance..??
You install chinese self certified crap along with your total lack of knowlege on poor paying customers...If you had any knowledge of what you are doing, you would know the data sim available to alarm installation companies just for this purpose.
I really hope you have good indemnity insurance...your gonna need it...!!!

Last edited:
You ask for advice, you were given advice...then suggest arrogance..??
You install chinese self certified crap along with your total lack of knowlege on poor paying customers...If you had any knowledge of what you are doing, you would know the data sim available to alarm installation companies just for this purpose.
I really hope you have good indemnity insurance...your gonna need it...!!!

Wow, you really proved me wrong on your arrogance! I'm an electrician not an alarm engineer, I don't claim to be, the wholesalers have provided the product to the company I work for and I've been asked to install, therefore I'm trying my best to understand the functionality of it as the user guides don't fully explain it. Get off your high horse and talk to people with a bit more respect.

Nothing Tazz has said is disrespectful. You jumped straight down his throat after he gave you his opinion about the fact that this will be more trouble than its worth, so why do expect he then wont give you a blunt reply.

I would question your company and state that really as an electrician alone, you cannot give the full service required of alarm to the customer.

Quoting Tazz

"I really hope you have good indemnity insurance...your gonna need it...!!!"

Nothing Tazz has said is disrespectful. You jumped straight down his throat after he gave you his opinion about the fact that this will be more trouble than its worth, so why do expect he then wont give you a blunt reply.

I would question your company and state that really as an electrician alone, you cannot give the full service required of alarm to the customer.

Quoting Tazz

"I really hope you have good indemnity insurance...your gonna need it...!!!"

Firstly, I asked for advice on a product, I didn't asking for advice on product selection or anyone's opinion.
Secondly, it's a wireless alarm system, not rocket science. The only thing I don't understand is the requirements of the SIM card as the company don't explain it properly. Only one person that's replied has had anything useful to say on the matter. For whatever reason this is the product I'm installing so any information about what I've asked is appreciated.

As Tazz said in his ADVICE it is best not to fit this type of alarm its like going to a shed and buying a yale alarm, but if its what you got to fit form you company then just fit it, I think they would have told the customer all about it.
As for the simcard if alarm is just made to send text all it will cost is the price of a text if on pay and go, if on a mouthy con then it will be free, if customer wants to use the app to set, unset, monitor the alarm it is better to go for a paymonthy sim or get a dedicated alarm sim.
When fitting alarm you will need full instructions which you do not get when you buy the alarm, you have to get from manufacturer website or you might be able to find a copy on the web, when fitting alarm be careful of the plastic as it is cheap and breaks easy.
If all the customer wants is a self monitored alarm and is not going to inform the insurance company that they have got one then it will do the job of letting them know that the house has been ransacked before they open the front door.
Listen to what Tazz is saying try to talk them into paying a bit more money and getting a alarm that will do the job

Reply to Secuself wireless alarm help in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock