Discuss Sense check on Nest / Worcester Bosch 280 wiring in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

N

Neil Potter

I’m looking to self install a Nest Learning Thermostat on my Worcester Bosch 280 boiler, mainly as it’s a rented house, and I need to be able to remove the Nest when I leave, or when the boiler is serviced.

The wiring looks straight forward, but I just wanted to sense check before I go ahead.

The boiler doesn’t have a stat currently, so on the stat section has an unused N connection. 1 & 2 are jumpered (2 shows 240v, 1 is 0v), a 3 is unsued and unmarked, and 4 is unused and marked Frost Stat.

So I assume I can run a 4 core to the Nest Heatlink, and wire up as follows.

N from boiler to N on heatlink

2 (240v Live) from boiler to L on heatlink, and then jumper L on the heatlink to common / 2 on the heatlink (do I need to run a 3A inline fuse or not on the jumper cable?)

1 from boiler to 3 (relay open) on the Heatlink

Earth (needed or not? As Nest stat will be wireless)

Is that pretty much it, bar testing, tidying, and testing again?

Reply to Sense check on Nest / Worcester Bosch 280 wiring in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock