Discuss Seperate RCD enclosure in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

That is an issue unfortunately as its a bit of a rats nest in the CU

Done it successfully a couple of times, last one however I was presented with same issue of untidy wiring.

Incidentally, I faced a similar predicament recently. I posted here and as well as the advice you've been given, others suggested placing hob mcb on RCD protected side of the CU. Which is what I did.

Done it successfully a couple of times, last one however I was presented with same issue of untidy wiring.

Incidentally, I faced a similar predicament recently. I posted here and as well as the advice you've been given, others suggested placing hob mcb on RCD protected side of the CU. Which is what I did.
Unfortunately no spare ways in the RCD side of CU

Another issue on this job is that sockets are required for integrated appliances. I would normally position in an adjacent cupboard however i dont have that luxury with how the new kitchen is going to be installed. I have from left to right a fridge/freezer, washing machine and oven. The customer does not want FCU’s above worktop as that is the current setup and the worktops just look cluttered. Was maybe thinking off a bank of switches for all appliances but even then im unsure as to whether i have the space behind to fit a socket. Any other suggestions....??

Extend the flexes (within reason) of the appliances to a socket in next available floor unit or some might suggest flex outlets behind the appliances to your grid switches.

Reply to Seperate RCD enclosure in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

D
Hi, I have received conflicting advice about Main Isolator Switches and would appreciate forum member's help to plan a way ahead. Looking to the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 155212
D
Hi all, I am at odds on whether RCD protection is required on an SWA of 14 metres, clipped direct under flooring direct from CU to an exterior...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've done some work in a house, I used an existing 10mm cable on a B40 MCB to supply a 2 way consumer unit to control a heat pump and...
Replies
Views
I have a doorbell I want to install. The issue is the 16v transformer is designed to sit on a DIN rail. I have a 10 way 17th edition BG Nexus...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Grateful for your expertise regarding my confusion on the below. Context: French rural domestic property Single phase supply, TT...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock