Discuss service head and shower room in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

ample current

I have a mate who wants to construct a shower room downstars in his house. The service head and CU are high level and will be in the same room, he wants to move the CU so it will be outside the room and build a cupboard around the incomer and service head and fuse. I guess he cant build a waterproof (IP Rated) cupboard but he could put a descent seal strip or somthing around the cupboard door. I cant remember if the cuboard will be high enough to be outside the zones. would this be allowed?
What do you guys think.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe worth contacting DNO and see what they advise as it is their equipment that needs protecting not something covered by the BGB.

icon1.png
Company Head and CU in a wetroom

this was the one

Dont know how to put it as a link
sorry

Last edited:

Reply to service head and shower room in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All, looking for some assistance on this as finding different information wherever i look. We have a garage external to the house, which we...
Replies
Views
This could possible have been a poll, but really just opening up for suggestions and feedback on where folks think an isolation switch for an...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a client with a small caravan site, approx 5 hookups. His old toilet block was nothing much more than an old shed. He's now 'upgraded'...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
So this was an interesting conversation today and wanted peoples advice. Plumber asked me if I could fit a socket inside an enSuite Vainty unit...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock