Discuss Severely Cracked Hands!:-( in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

rolyberkin

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Anyone got any advice re preventing cracked hands (other than man up or wear gloves!) I have been trying OKeefes Cream but this morning they are so bad I can hardly hold a cup!?

Anyone got any advice re preventing cracked hands (other than man up or wear gloves!) I have been trying OKeefes Cream but this morning they are so bad I can hardly hold a cup!?

I feel your pain on this one! I use to do mainly domestic and suffered with this issue. Now only working on commercial sites, we are required to wear a 5 point ppe system which includes cut 3 gloves. I dont suffer like i used to now because of the gloves.

keep your hands moisturised at night, you can get special gloves to wear at night to help with this.

:) Have always suffered from cracks in the tips of my fingers and on joins in the skin, dust related I think. Feel like paper cuts all over today, have a cream but feels like putting vaseline on your skin and then everything you touch becomes greasy.

:) Have always suffered from cracks in the tips of my fingers and on joins in the skin, dust related I think. Feel like paper cuts all over today, have a cream but feels like putting vaseline on your skin and then everything you touch becomes greasy.

Being nosey, have you ever been to see your GP?

Has it been played up being too macho ,de-icing van ?
( thinking reaction to chemicals / water + wind.. not rest of year)

betnovate steroid cream. available on prescription only. see your GP.

I only ask, because my eldest suffered with problems with his hands when he was a nipper. He was diagnosed with eczema. Using some topical creams made the condition worse. He was prescribed some cream for the condition, which vastly improved things.

Edit, I suffer myself with itchy skin, a steroid or cortisone topical medication helps. Went & saw my GP. :)

Neutrogena Norwegian formula works well. And keep on using it frequently or your skin will never heal.
It is the only one on to be honest.
Lime and plaster dust and cement are the usual culprits.
I have suffered with dermatitis for years , the only one on is synalar cream to clear any rashes . For day to day problems Neutragena is the best there is , I have tried it all, but as @Strima said , keep using it or they will just open up again.

I use the okeefes cream and find its good as it soaks in and dries quick , but I’m guilty of not using it all the time, as it’s really more of a preventative measure than a cure, and should be applied a few times throughout the day.
Atrixo is good but takes a while to dry.
I remember one instance my hands were bad, when I got home I slavered them in atrixo and then put some rubber gloves on to keep them moist.
When the skin splits it’s sore...Severely Cracked Hands!:-( 70D5D919-7974-40F9-B761-9224B9EE10FA - EletriciansForums.net
This is starting to heal now, but when they really sore I put some salvon on it and a plaster to keep it moist.
My dad suffers from dry hands too, his ritual is before work cover his hands in Vaseline then dry them over the gas ring on the cooker!

Reply to Severely Cracked Hands!:-( in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock